Covid in the NFL week 12 (1 Viewer)

Most NFL players who have been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list have recovered relatively quickly and returned to the field. But Bills tight end Tommy Sweeney is a reminder of how serious this disease can be, even for healthy young people.

Looks like the Baltimore game will be played.

Thank goodness.

I heard on NFL Radio this AM that a Ravens strength coach didn’t report symptoms and came to work and is believed to be the person who spread the virus to the Ravens players and staff.

I honestly haven’t looked it up because I like to ignore ESPN, but was that confirmed? If so, whoo boy — that’s bad for that guy.

Ravens are in full outbreak mode, Sunday's game is in real jeopardy.

This is really unfortunate. If they move the Ravens/Steelers to Monday or Tuesday, the Dallas/Ravens game on Thursday can’t happen. It’s getting more and more realistic that we see an week 18 added and 8 playoff teams. I just don’t see how this won’t be happening to more teams going forward. Also, wonder what’s going to happen when all these players start coming back from Thanksgiving festivities.

yikes.

This is really unfortunate. If they move the Ravens/Steelers to Monday or Tuesday, the Dallas/Ravens game on Thursday can’t happen. It’s getting more and more realistic that we see an week 18 added and 8 playoff teams. I just don’t see how this won’t be happening to more teams going forward. Also, wonder what’s going to happen when all these players start coming back from Thanksgiving festivities.

yikes.

Why can’t Dallas/Ravens go to Sunday? They have already moved other TNF games to Sunday this year.

Why can’t Dallas/Ravens go to Sunday? They have already moved other TNF games to Sunday this year.
I think that’s the hope - and honestly, outside of forcing the Ravens to forfeit - it’s the only realistic option.

But honestly, I imagine there will be more positives coming for the Ravens and they are already keeping all the players away until Monday. So how could they actually play a game that day or Tuesday?

It just feels like, to me, the NFL is going to enact the week 18 option because it gives them some flexibility going forward if further teams have catastrophic outbreaks.

I could be wrong, I realize the league has been pushing to avoid moving games as much a possible. But if the 18 week option is a go - they have a slot to move teams into when this happens again.

... and I imagine this will happen again with the holidays and family gatherings.

I think that’s the hope - and honestly, outside of forcing the Ravens to forfeit - it’s the only realistic option.

But honestly, I imagine there will be more positives coming for the Ravens and they are already keeping all the players away until Monday. So how could they actually play a game that day or Tuesday?

It just feels like, to me, the NFL is going to enact the week 18 option because it gives them some flexibility going forward if further teams have catastrophic outbreaks.

I could be wrong, I realize the league has been pushing to avoid moving games as much a possible. But if the 18 week option is a go - they have a slot to move teams into when this happens again.

... and I imagine this will happen again with the holidays and family gatherings.

Yeah fair points - that could easily be where this is headed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom