Covid in the NFL week 12 (1 Viewer)

I'm actually quite surprised the NFL has made it this far so in my view, anything from this point moving forward is bonus football.
Yup, I didn't think they would make it past week 8. What I don't understand is why are they so hard pressed to not change the dates of the playoff games? I know these venues have limited availabilities, but considering this pandemic perhaps they could moves games to a neutral site instead of this expanded playoff idea.

Yup, I didn't think they would make it past week 8. What I don't understand is why are they so hard pressed to not change the dates of the playoff games? I know these venues have limited availabilities, but considering this pandemic perhaps they could moves games to a neutral site instead of this expanded playoff idea.
I think the NFL is hoping a one-off expanded playoffs would generate excitement by creating a “tournament” feel to the postseason. Especially if they are forced to cancel significant portions of games which would no-doubt disrupt casual fan interest.

Remember the “casual fan” is what butters the NFL bread.

I doubt the venues are the driver - it isn't like moving back a playoff game at Arrowhead is going to conflict with the U2 concert.

I think it's probably due to TV concerns. But the NFL has to weight to be able to do it, I would think. Could also be weather concerns?

I think the NFL would be better served if they finish out this week and then pause for 2 weeks to get their houses in order while they still can. If they keep going at the current pace, they will run out of options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom