covid small shop advice (1 Viewer)

soupcan dan

just the salad please
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I manage a locksmith shop which normally has about 90 walk-in customers a day. Currently we're down a bit. We're trying to stay safe while keeping our customers safe and comfortable as well. I'msanitizing 10+ times a day , wearing gloves and providing hand sanitizer to our customers.

Thinking of implementing a new policy---front door is locked with a sign stating you have two options:
1) one customer at a time who will be scanned with a thermometer before entry or
2) call the shop and I'll meet you in the parking lot and take your order which will be placed in a plastic bag. you can wait or I'll call you when it's done.

what are you doing?
what ideas do you have?

we're considered an essential business, but i need to keep my crew safe.

At the union hall we kept the door locked today. People are asked to call in for insurance questions.

Our secretary made sure that she had access to everything via laptop. We told her to come in to cut checks once per week and handle everything else at home. She's indispensable to us and she has an immunodeficiency, and takes care of her elderly parents.

I manage a locksmith shop which normally has about 90 walk-in customers a day. Currently we're down a bit. We're trying to stay safe while keeping our customers safe and comfortable as well. I'msanitizing 10+ times a day , wearing gloves and providing hand sanitizer to our customers.

Thinking of implementing a new policy---front door is locked with a sign stating you have two options:
1) one customer at a time who will be scanned with a thermometer before entry or
2) call the shop and I'll meet you in the parking lot and take your order which will be placed in a plastic bag. you can wait or I'll call you when it's done.

what are you doing?
what ideas do you have?

we're considered an essential business, but i need to keep my crew safe.

Do you have products on display in the shop that some customers would need to see to make up their mind? If so, I would go with both options being presented to them.

not sure what you need as far as customer support but using face time etc on phone will allow you to show product

if you have a pc or laptop with wifi at your business,
can order a ubiquiti camera - and have people within range of your wifi log into the controller and see inventory etc

have a small vocational school. managed to convert to online training for the time being, but 3 or 4 of us are still necessary in the school. have the instructors working out of their homes and certainly don't need them all to do things online, but they all need paychecks so we will pay them all for as long as we can

we have been closed to the general public since Monday.

i'm letting one in at a time----roped off a line six feet from my counter which goes 3/4 around the showroom. they take a number and wait in their car. as one leaves, the door locks automatically and the next one is let in. theres a small area to place your order by the front door and they can walk freely around the showroom without getting too close to me.

38 customers today in 9 hours, not one complaint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom