Covid Sports (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Catchall for whatever you’re watching

I usually get a few innings of KoreanBaseball before the boys get up

Sometimes I’m up early enough to watch New Zealand rugby or even Aussie Rules (this is the one I would really like more timely access to)

I have VERY much enjoyed midday weekday EPL and Serie A matches)
I would love if MLS spread it’s schedule around but I realize they’re navigating Florida heat
— I do appreciate that MLS on ESPN is the only sport/broadcast to use only ambient sound (even mls on fox does fake crowd noise even though there aren’t any stands much less crowds)

I think we are missing a chance to think outside the box.

I think we should have a professional ping pong league. Mask and gloves, with only the competitors in the room.

Could probably try to bring bowling and pool back to their glory days.

I think we should have a professional ping pong league. Mask and gloves, with only the competitors in the room.

I tend to not watch rebroadcast games (except saints and some lsu), but I have no idea why cornhole is wall to wall when this would be the perfect opportunity to make much more of The Ocho

2 of the odd Covid things I’ve seen
- when pro soccer guys score, their instinct kicks in and the head to the corner to celebrate with fans - they get 2-3 steps in and are like ‘oh yeah - no fans’
Then they just kind of do a watered down version of their regular celebration

- Korean baseball still has cheerleaders in empty stadia
If you’ve seen Korean (or Japanese) baseball before Covid, you know they are raucous affairs similar to college basketball
In KBO cheerleaders seem like they are a huge part of the experience (very kpop)
So I can see why the stadium would still want them, and I imagine Korean broadcasts focus on them much more than ESPN (which tends to be 2 somnambulant guys awkwardly interviewing an even less interesting person), but it’s just bizarre seeing cheers being lead with zero followers

Catchall for whatever you’re watching

I usually get a few innings of KoreanBaseball before the boys get up

Sometimes I’m up early enough to watch New Zealand rugby or even Aussie Rules (this is the one I would really like more timely access to)

I have VERY much enjoyed midday weekday EPL and Serie A matches)
I would love if MLS spread it’s schedule around but I realize they’re navigating Florida heat
— I do appreciate that MLS on ESPN is the only sport/broadcast to use only ambient sound (even mls on fox does fake crowd noise even though there aren’t any stands much less crowds)

I actually like the fake crowd noise. I watched some Bundesliga games that did not have the fake crowd noise and it just felt weird. The EPL games with the fake crowd noise just has a better feel to it. Don't know about MLS. I've tried to get into it, but I can't. Not sure if it's the level of play or just lack of a team I care about.

I actually like the fake crowd noise. I watched some Bundesliga games that did not have the fake crowd noise and it just felt weird. The EPL games with the fake crowd noise just has a better feel to it. Don't know about MLS. I've tried to get into it, but I can't. Not sure if it's the level of play or just lack of a team I care about.
The ambient broadcast does have more of a scrimmage feel to it
But I like the realism
The piped in noise in MLS not even playing in stadia, feels like a scooby doo cartoon where they have a laugh track - and once you start trying to untie that knot, it’s hard to think of anything else

this would greatly improve my ability to take naps. Although bowling would jar me awake every minute or so. Maybe nerf bowling.

The ambient broadcast does have more of a scrimmage feel to it
But I like the realism
The piped in noise in MLS not even playing in stadia, feels like a scooby doo cartoon where they have a laugh track - and once you start trying to untie that knot, it’s hard to think of anything else

I think the NBC Sports broadcasts do a decent job with the EPL game crowd noise. Not sure if it's someone at the stadium or part of the broadcast crew, but they do a decent job of having the crowd noise match the action on the pitch without is being overbearing. But, if MLS is just pumping in ambient crowd noise, I can see how that could be really odd.

I wish Golf would pipe in some crowd noise on the TV broadcast. How I miss hearing, "Get in the hole!!!".

Who would have thought that someday "The Ocho" would actually be the biggest source for live sports?

I’m trying my best to get into AFL here in Oz...adopted a team, the Western Bulldogs, but it’s just making me miss football more and more. I’ve allowed the Saints’ seasons to become an integral part of my annual routine. With the season hanging by a slim thread, I feel a growing anxiety about a year with no football. I know it’s irrational to let football rule your life but unfortunately it’s my reality.

I’m trying my best to get into AFL here in Oz...adopted a team, the Western Bulldogs, but it’s just making me miss football more and more. I’ve allowed the Saints’ seasons to become an integral part of my annual routine. With the season hanging by a slim thread, I feel a growing anxiety about a year with no football. I know it’s irrational to let football rule your life but unfortunately it’s my reality.
Western killed it this am
They were up something like 70-30 after 3
Which was about the time my 6 yr old wrestled the tv away so I didn’t fight him over it

It’s fun bc the fox broadcast ofAFL seems to just play the Aussie feed, so you get to see ads for Farmer wants Wife and many things involving kangaroos

Formula 1 racing.

Austrian Grand Prix 2 weeks ago was electric.
Styrian Grand Prix qualifying was intense last week. The race was just ok.
The Hungarian Grand Prix is this weekend. Actually got up this morning at 4a to watch Practice 1.

Lots of story lines. Lots of drama. F1 delivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom