Covid Sports (1 Viewer)

They're ignoring it because that guy who tweeted it is obviously ANTIFA. He's posting from Portland, isn't he?

The video of that chick drinking the champion's cup filled to the brim with beer was awesome. She almost got the whole thing down. Only had to go back to finish up the suds.

K that was the first HUGE disappointment of Covid sports
MLS. rd of 16 matches between Minny & Columbus ended in a shootout (not extra time, just right to shootout after 90)

Normally I have a love/hate with shootouts - hate that that’s the way a great match is decided, but LOVE the drama
But a shootout with no fans meant no drama - it was a tepid, flaccid occurrence
Huge letdown

Miami Marlins postponed even further. And the fallout has impacted the Jays - their series this weekend is not happening this weekend. And they were planning to try a double header to catch up as it is.

What a mess.

And now, positive tests on the Cardinals, so their series vs. Milwaukee is postponed.

There's no way this MLB experience finishes normally. The numbers and re-scheduling necessary just can't be accommodated unless MLB just treats it like a Survivor series for purely entertainment purposes.

Miami Marlins postponed even further. And the fallout has impacted the Jays - their series this weekend is not happening this weekend. And they were planning to try a double header to catch up as it is.

What a mess.

And now, positive tests on the Cardinals, so their series vs. Milwaukee is postponed.

There's no way this MLB experience finishes normally. The numbers and re-scheduling necessary just can't be accommodated unless MLB just treats it like a Survivor series for purely entertainment purposes.
MLS still with 0 cases the last few weeks
in the middle of the round of 8
its going to suck when the season concludes,
hopefully the nba stays on track

MLS still with 0 cases the last few weeks
in the middle of the round of 8
its going to suck when the season concludes,
hopefully the nba stays on track

Yea, I didn't think baseball was going to last with the way they were approaching it. I think NASCAR has largely gotten in right. I know MLS is doing well. NBA I am really hoping stays tight.

But I can't help but think this spells doom for NFL and NCAAF

Yea, I didn't think baseball was going to last with the way they were approaching it. I think NASCAR has largely gotten in right. I know MLS is doing well. NBA I am really hoping stays tight.

But I can't help but think this spells doom for NFL and NCAAF
Intern: so we have twice as many players as MLB
Exec: yup
Intern: and our protocols are about the same?
Exec: your guess is as good as mine
Intern: but you think we’ll have a season
Exec: of course, why wouldn’t we?

In reality, the NBA is the only league with a legitimate shot at working. The roster sizes allow for everyone to be in one location, no travel necessary. Once in the bubble and cleared, they're good. The problem comes when you introduce the need to travel, which the MLB, NFL, and NCAA will have. In theory, you could break these leagues down into smaller bubbles and have several scattered throughout the country, but it would require a great deal of planning and testing. NCAA probably would be harder to pull off because you'd have to allow these athletes to do classwork, but I suppose they could do that online.

NHL playoffs began about an hour ago. We'll see how their real-life attempt at "bubble hockey" goes. Social distancing, especially on the benches, is pretty much not an option.

NY Rangers goalie, Igor Sherstekin, is out and deemed "Unfit to Play". The league will not let teams report any specifics for scratched players (whether injury related or virus testing related), so we'll see how long he is held out. He did start the other night in one of the tune-up games.

In reality, the NBA is the only league with a legitimate shot at working. The roster sizes allow for everyone to be in one location, no travel necessary. Once in the bubble and cleared, they're good. The problem comes when you introduce the need to travel, which the MLB, NFL, and NCAA will have. In theory, you could break these leagues down into smaller bubbles and have several scattered throughout the country, but it would require a great deal of planning and testing. NCAA probably would be harder to pull off because you'd have to allow these athletes to do classwork, but I suppose they could do that online.
MLS out here like “DUDE?!?”

So with the ambient mls feed, I got to hear the San Jose coach (Argentinian) give instruction to his team in Spanish with his translator word for word (and gesture for gesture) right behind him

Astros Shame Tour on Twitter is amusing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom