Covid Sports (1 Viewer)

Epl finished, mls winding down
But Fox is running Liga bbva

Odd thing is even though there are no fans, somehow a sniper is still able to take out a player every few minutes
Why the sniper only fires at players’ shins, and how the injuries seem to heal once the victim’s team gets the ball back is one of those mysteries I hope to untangle as the season progresses

Last edited:
Astros Shame Tour on Twitter is amusing

as a former astros fan, pre this bs, once they went to the evil al, i switched to the pirates.

oh yeah, point being, fork them. if still in the nl, i'd try to, no lie as a fan, tried find a justification to support.

astros bitched out and went out to the lame arse al. a league that has stupid rules, cheater clubs, and apparently they fit perfectly. i'd almost, almost, support the cards over any al team. mentally, will never happen.

astros already sold out. i'm glad they were caught. joe kelly is a hero.

ugh. i love baseball, with the bs aside, when your team leaves your division, then cheated to win a ws.. fork them. fork the al.

as a former astros fan, pre this bs, once they went to the evil al, i switched to the pirates.

oh yeah, point being, fork them. if still in the nl, i'd try to, no lie as a fan, tried find a justification to support.

astros bitched out and went out to the lame arse al. a league that has stupid rules, cheater clubs, and apparently they fit perfectly. i'd almost, almost, support the cards over any al team. mentally, will never happen.

astros already sold out. i'm glad they were caught. joe kelly is a hero.

ugh. i love baseball, with the bs aside, when your team leaves your division, then cheated to win a ws.. fork them. fork the al.

I grew up a pretty big Astros fan. We'd go to Astroworld (rip) and the go to the Astrodome (another rip) to watch the ballgame. Jose Cruz was a long time Astros player and he's my cousin. Also loved Nolan Ryan. He was amazing. I don't remember when I lost interest, but it's been a long while.

Now I pull for the Nats. Since DC has been home for me for pretty much the last 20 years.

I'm not a big baseball fan these days though. I've always been more into football and basketball.

had never seen this before
Sporting KC (one seed) vs San Jose (8th)
i was walking in and out but seemed like a lively match that ended 3-3 in regular time
no goals in overtime so off to PKs
you'd imagine SJ is feeling pretty good about having the 1 seed taken to PKs
so how to they show their good fortune?
by having the SKC goalie stone then 3 times in a row!!
0 for 3 in PKs!! (and SKC was 3-3)
credit to the goalie, it was 3 legit stops, but 0-3 is beyond horrible

4th and final match to determine final 4 of MLS finals
(really don't understand how it's always easier to find info about EPL vs MLS)

any MLS followers here? I was surprised how low LAFC was seeded, they seemed like world beaters at the beginning of the season??

I guess this is now just me yammering into the void
But why is MLS just hellbent on going head to head with the NFL
Just dang silly
Especially in a city like New Orleans, where hardly anyone gives a flying poop about watching soccer. No offense, but if you know a large contingent of soccer fans in the greater New Orleans area, lucky for you.

Especially in a city like New Orleans, where hardly anyone gives a flying poop about watching soccer. No offense, but if you know a large contingent of soccer fans in the greater New Orleans area, lucky for you.
EE in particular is not very NO centric - i would hazard that fewer than 1/2 of the regular EE posters currently live in the NO metro area
and the MLS thing is more in comparison to EPL/USWNT/USMNT - we have anywhere from 10-20 EE posters who will weigh in on Champions League or high profile EPL matches - and even US national teams - but MLS never gets any traction

a few other things - if i (had) wanted local soccer passion, I could easily get that (in the before times) at Finn McCools

i would be VERY interested to go around the city and see if there were more pick-up basketball games or soccer games - same with adult Rec leagues
and i'm almost certain there is much more youth soccer than any other sport in the city

I watched a fair number of Australian Open matches and only realized there were no line judges in the Women’s final

I think it will be hard to argue to keep them at the Slams

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom