COVID testing sites for rapid result (1 Viewer)

Sitting at the Urgent Care on Wall. When I walk in the door they hit me with “we are going to charge you 140 for the office visit but the Covid test is no charge”. I said well I’m only seeking the test. “We are just going to bill your insurance”. So insurance probably covers it but I’m hung up on the principle of the thing. Waiting on the doctor now and i intend to not answer any medical question.

Oh they are making me stay in the waiting room for my results instead of just letting me read them under my login they gave me. So I guess it’s justified. :rolleyes:

Well here we are again. So joyous.

in addition to going back to full masks at work I am now required to go get a rapid test before work today because a coworker came up positive.

cvs and Walgreens are no available appointments today. The two urgent cares I’ve called so far have rapid results in back order. Anyone face this recently?

in addition to going back to full masks at work I am now required to go get a rapid test before work today because a coworker came up positive.

cvs and Walgreens are no available appointments today. The two urgent cares I’ve called so far have rapid results in back order. Anyone face this recently?
Would your employer accept your vaccination card ?

Would your employer accept your vaccination card ?
Nope. They have copies of that already.

I have to address this with them as well. One of my duties at work is to take everyone in the building’s temperature. So anyone testing positive out of close to 80 employees will require me to get tested. I’m already commiting a full day to this on the first pop

Walgreens sells the "at home test kits" for like $25

would they accept that?

But yes, co-worker was looking yest am and couldnt find a single open appt same day.

Nope. They have copies of that already.

I have to address this with them as well. One of my duties at work is to take everyone in the building’s temperature. So anyone testing positive out of close to 80 employees will require me to get tested. I’m already commiting a full day to this on the first pop
I can only speak for south Ms. I don't know anyone doing rapid results since the vaccines became available. Keesler AFB closed their testing site when the hospital started giving the Phizer shots

Quest offers rapid results too

would they accept that?

But yes, co-worker was looking yest am and couldnt find a single open appt same day.
I will ask. I would definitely like to go that route.

called several places and Rapid results on back order but Oschner apparently has them at their walk in clinics so I’ll be heading there this time.

I have a question about the antibody test. So...when the clinical trials were performed, the way that the researchers determined vaccine efficacy was drawing titers. So my question is...if titers are sufficient enough to determine efficacy during the clinical trials, then why are they NOT sufficient to use in clinical practice?

I don’t think that it shouldn’t be an excuse to not get vaccinated, however...I do think it can have at least some role in clinical practice.

1) Individuals that do poorly from series 1 of 2 of Pfizer or Moderna. There are individuals that have legit concerns over receiving a booster if they had a notable/reportable adverse event from the first dose. I’m not talking about typical aches/pains type of side effects.

2) Those with autoimmune diseases that have shown the tendency to flare up their disease to vaccines in the past. This is also a very legit concern that some people may have. I cannot blame someone afraid of being pulled out of remission from a disease such as inflammatory bowel disease or MS.

Si clinics were insane but they told me home test was fine. Stopped at a Walgreens and they told me none of the stores they had contacted had them. Finally found one at a CVS for 40. But needless to say, NOLA stocks of any kind of rapid test were not prepared for this quick delta influx.

would they accept that?

My daughter is an ER nurse and has told me at least in our area, that the Dr's offices and urgent cares use the same kit you can buy at the drug store. Only the local hospital actually has the machine that does the test.

My daughter is an ER nurse and has told me at least in our area, that the Dr's offices and urgent cares use the same kit you can buy at the drug store. Only the local hospital actually has the machine that does the test.
I was actually successful in talking my employers into going that route for all future testing. i have found out since that Walmart has the kits for 20 and that they will deliver them to your door, sometimes within the hour.

the one I got from CVS was interesting. It connected to your phone (without having to do anything in blue tooth oddly) and it just sits by your phone for 15 minutes so all results are through the app on your phone and you actually get a report you can forward to your employer or whomever. That one was 40 but I was desperate.

We used the BinaxNow test from Walgreens this past Wednesday. We had been to a funeral where almost everyone was unmasked, in a town with mostly an unvaxxed population. My throat was feeling tight and I was coughing. For $24 at Walgreens, why not. Test was negative. It says to test again in 36 hours, but I feel completely normal so I see no need to test again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom