Cowboys cut LB Dan Connor (1 Viewer)

Whew!!

At first I though we signed Dan Morgan again, only this time he's going to play!

i kind of have this vague recollection that this guy was wanted by a few people on here back when he was drafted

who is dan connor? :idunno:

images

I love watching ya'll get fired up over who the Saints should sign, trade for, release, etc.

Relax and leave it to Loomis. He's simply better at this than you are. Believe that.

Well here's what Rob Ryan said about him last June when they picked him up:

" Dan Connor is a damn good football player," defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said. "He’s going to find a role in here, too. Whether it’s starting or playing, it doesn’t matter to me. We’re going to play our best players. We’re in a fortunate situation to have three damn good players there."

Connor was a backup to start the season last year, but he managed to finish the season with 54 tackles in a scheme that was brand new to him. All I'm saying is, don't be surprised when we sign him.

--

im assuming if we pick him up at all it'd be soon. someone on the Saints staff is probably asking Ryan as we type all this if this kid is worth a lick. Ryan should know best, and if the kid is. then im sure ryan would prod our organization to make the move

I like the kid. If we could get him to compete with hawthorne and lofton, that would be awesome. He would be a great backup at worst and perhaos a good ST contributor.

He's a 5 year vet. Drafted out of Penn State in the 3rd round by Carolina. He has been through 4 different defensive schemes in his first 4 seasons. Smart football player. He missed all of training camp with the Cowboys last season and still managed to step in halfway through the season and rack up 54 tackles. He's not asking for much, he knows Rob Ryan, and he would be perfect depth. I will be shocked if we don't sign this guy.

I'd rather re-sign Casillas to use as inside linebacker depth behind Vilma.

I'd rather re-sign Casillas to use as inside linebacker depth behind Vilma.

Well now we have an option. Will Vilma take a paycut? Will Vilma take $3 million a year like Connor would? We are about to find out.. 24 hours to go :)

we would get more production out of connor than casillas or vilma at this age....

sign him move on cut the sentimentaliy, run your fricking business....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom