Cowboys David Irving doing damage control? (1 Viewer)

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
According to him Jason Garrett told him to quit football and smoke as much as he wants. Told him that they didn't need him. I don't know if he is just trying to point the finger as if he received bad advice or something, but if this is true that is a bad response from Garrett. Football aside, if you see a kid making a mistake you surely don't encourage him down that road. If I was in that locker room I would feel like the coach could care less about me as a person and only if I can help him win or not. I know the topic of his marijuana use was an explosive thread on SSR with varying opinions. I'm not starting this thread to discuss the player's actions, only his coach's supposed response to his recent struggles. Would any of you tell this to a player who is having struggles?

if this is true along with the wade Phillips thing garret is seriously a bad person

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Football aside, if you see a kid making a mistake you surely don't encourage him down that road. If I was in that locker room I would feel like the coach could care less about me as a person and only if I can help him win or not.
I am not going to fault Garrett either. Like I said in another thread, I don't have a problem and respect his decision. The key words there is "his decision". When you a person coming out of a college and into the NFL, we would hope that by that time a grown person can make his or her decision. With him, he know the rules. He knows the consequences of it. None of us know what the coaches said to players. It maybe true what Garrett said, but could it be said after the a long conversation with him. Sorry none of us know the whole story and I am not going to vilify Garrett based on a few quote from Irving. Keep in mind, Irving went on video announcing his decision smoking a blunt. So tell me, who is more responsible for the decision?

Not sticking up for Garrett, but Irving videoed himself smoking, explaining why he likes to smoke, and hashtagged about standing up for what he believed in. That’s all on him regardless of what someone tells him to do. Not the actions of a smart individual. Football aside, looks like Irving has some business ventures now, so if he wants to live his life with marijuana, then he’s free to do so now. He should needs to know that playing football isn’t in the cards anymore.

Last edited:
Look it’s too easy to blame someone when you do not know the facts! It’s happening everyday with the media!
I could see JG saying something to the kid though. Something like “if you want to ruin your career, why don’t you just quit and smoke all the weed you want! We can get along without you anyway! “
Not that it’s what he said but when your trying to get a message through sometimes you have to be honest and brutal!
This kid already had issues!

If I can quit for a 16/hr job, he should have no problem quitting for millions. I'm sure a lot of these players smoke and get away with it but this guy just seems like that kid in highschool that shows up late and stinks up the classroom.

If I can quit for a 16/hr job, he should have no problem quitting for millions. I'm sure a lot of these players smoke and get away with it but this guy just seems like that kid in highschool that shows up late and stinks up the classroom.
Got a strong immature no self accountability impression from him. For as what hes saying about Garret coming from him i would take it with a grain of salt.

I can easily see if those two got in an argument, and after reading that article and seeing the video, it seems easy to believe you could get into an argument with this guy. I can see Garrett saying something along the lines of that in the same way you might say “Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out”. I’m not faulting Garrett. I mean just because he’s a noodle head of a coach, doesn’t mean he can’t get fed up with a guy like this

Typical playing of the victim card. He is a grown man who made his own decisions. Garrett is not a baby sitter or parent.

This is whats wrong with society. Someone has to point the finger and never own their mistakes. Gregory needs to grow up. You make your bed...

He is apparently putting his own desire to smoke the weed over the team. Garrett probably pointed that out to him.
That's the way I see it as well.
And the guy needs to grow up and take responsibility for his actions!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom