N/S Cowboys fan loses it after loss to the Cardinals (1 Viewer)

Undisputed most spoiled fanbase ever

I definitely don't think the term "spoiled" applies here.

The Cowboys last won a Super Bowl 25 years ago. Since that time, they've won 4 playoff games. As a point of comparison, just in the 2010s, the Saints won 4 playoff games.

If Cowboy fans are spoiled, it certainly isn't a result of the team's on-field performances over the last two and a half decades.

I wouldn't past people to behave like this unscripted - I have never destroyed a TV but did destroy a remote control once. This was a long time ago, during the Haslett era. I also had to stop myself one time, after a late season loss to the Panthers, I seriously wanted to take away a camera from a family member who was trying to get a picture of everyone one time and toss it into the street.

As with most things, in the early days of these reactions being posted, I have no doubt that the first few of them were legitimate "in the moment" reactions.

But the majority of what's been posted online in recent years appears to be scripted foolishness. The guy in that posted video doesn't even seem legitimately angry.......he comes off as a guy who is role-playing a guy who is supposed to be angry over a football outcome.

The Cowboys last won a Super Bowl 25 years ago. Since that time, they've won 4 playoff games. As a point of comparison, just in the 2010s, the Saints won 4 playoff games.

If Cowboy fans are spoiled, it certainly isn't a result of the team's on-field performances over the last two and a half decades.
But they think that they are owed a championship just based on who they are. They are the rich kids, so they think that makes them winners.

These are becoming nothing less than poorly copied sketches at this point.

1: Wait for a game to go horribly for a team
2: Dress as a fan of that team
3: throw an unreasonably sized tantrum while destroying a TV
4: farm views from haters of that team

The current generation of Cowboys generations under age of 30 were too young or don't remember the last time Cowboys were a NE-Patriots-esque dynasty team that most experts legimately thought were perennial SB contenders back in the early-mid 90s, and so they grew up watching, being told by older fans, relatives and friends about all the legendary, HOF players, HCs, GMs, their persistent lasting mystique and an almost mythical "aura" that was created around team's image through classic NFL Films footage, coverage of their many great moments that occured from the last 60s-early 80s, Cowboys became this cultural and social symbol of a much older, late 19th century perceived view of rugged American determinism before we stopped focusing on building up our domestic infrastructure and industries and got more involved in international affairs starting with our involvement in WWI. That was the first really major war we'd been involved with or gone to war against a European power bloc since Napeolonic Wars and the first time major US armies were fighting a massive, bloody entrenched war ever on European soil.

Dallas Cowboys became this conservative "pop culture" antithesis to a rapidly changing America in a post-Vietnam, more liberal, seemingly indulgent, arguably society of the 1970s. The current generation of Cowboys fans can't relate to that image or ethos as it compares to how mediocre their team's been since mid-90s.

Dallas strikes me somewhat of a NFL Notre Dame before they got good again over a decade ago. They have a great, glorious winning past. Memorable icons who coached, played and won SBs and cultivated great assistant coaches like Dan Reeves, Mike Ditka who went to have massively successful HC careers respectively, Legendary games, classic wins, even some of their epic games they lost (Super Bowl X, SB XIII, The Catch 81 NFCCG, the Ice Bowl), Dallas played a major featured role, mostly as a arrogant, self-righteous antagonist. But they don't have a good present and there's no sign honestly their going to get better or more competitive after Dak's injury.

Notre Dame got a lot better and is still continuing to be competitive because they hired a competent HC with a proven track record of winning elsewhere, he's an effective recruiter who knows how to seek and scout the types of players who fits his system best and works with their development in adapting to it. The Cowboys haven't had that sort of HC who has some of these same traits at building and maintaining teams without a nosy, egocentric owner who just can't separate himself from interfering in some major team decisions and takes most of the credit for decisions others made and doesn't realize or understand the nagging, frustrating hypocrisy afterwards when some dare to point it out to him or objects to it.

But they think that they are owed a championship just based on who they are. They are the rich kids, so they think that makes them winners.
Rich kids who grew up to 30-and-40 year adults who are trust fund spoiled, aristocratic bullies who may have heard of or perhaps be familiar with the concept of hard work with little sleep but will never live those lives themselves because their living off their multi-billionaire parents who are old money and sorely behind the times.

Here's a funny but interesting fact about the postseason success of both Texas' NFL teams: Since 1996, neither the Cowboys nor the old Oilers and now-Houston Texans have made it past the second round of the playoffs. And during that same time period, while Cowboys slowly descended in mediocrity, almost all of Dallas other sports teams: Rangers, Stars, or Mavericks have either appeared in or won multiple World Series, Stanley Cups, or NBA Finals. Texas Rangers played in consecutive World Series in 2011 and 2012 IIRC, and remained a steady playoff contender until a few years ago, Mavericks made couple of NBA Finals appearances, won one I think in 2010-2011, Stars won a Stanley Cup in 2000 and nearly won another this past season.

To provide even more of a humiliating context: About a few miles away from AT&T Stadium, the Rangers brand-new ballpark, Globe Life Field, is the designated home stadium for what appears to be a pretty entertaining WS match up.

When I was 15 my stepfather and mom got into an argument and when he realized his point wasn't being considered, he knocked over the wall unit out of anger. I had to watch this man waste over $600 on a new tv and glass panes to replace the 4 he had broken. I realized that angry outburst are useless and pricey. Now don't get me wrong, I turn into Samuel L. Jackson on occasion when watching Saints games but never to the point of causing property damage. I don't burn jerseys or memorabilia because if I were really fed up, I could just sell my stuff off cheap and at least make coin off of ebay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom