Cowboys Franchise Spencer (1 Viewer)

fridge.gif

I'm kinda relieved that the Cowboys tagged Anthony Spencer. His price tag was gonna be too much with our cap situation anyway. Besides, I'd prefer we go after Victor Butler anyway. He is younger and his price tag is going to be lower. He also has more upside.

this could make things interesting...

I know that would make it a difference in money... but I need a refresher on how

DE's make more money than LB's. But this year the tag numbers are pretty close. If he was tagged as a DE, he'd get an extra 600k from what I read.

Thank god, overrated and over priced

Ya, I think its a blessing in disguise. Though Spencer is a solid OLB, he's not exactly the edge rusher teams will fear. He greatly benefited from D. Ware on the other side, and in previous years, had never hit double digit sacks. That, and he'd probably be really expensive. Oh well...

I know a lot of people here wanted him in B&G next season... looks like that won't be happening

No worries, there are so many linebackers better than what we have there will surely be others available. It's almost impossible to get linebackers any worse.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

and on the NFL Network ticker this morning it said the Cowboys are willing to talk trade for Spencer. Guess they just didn't want him to leave without getting something in return. If they can't find a trade partner for him looks like they'll have to come up with some money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom