N/S Cowboys keeping Mike McCarthy for 2022 season (1 Viewer)

You mean to tell me you are going with a Mike Florio article, and the word of a guy (I have never herd of), who is trying to sell books!!!!!!!!!!! Sean was going to leave Drew to coach at Dallas, or perhaps Sean does this right before a contract negotiation as leverage with New Orleans.

What follows comes from my new book, Playmakers: How the NFL Really Works (And Doesn’t). The essay from which it’s drawn can be found there, if/when you purchase the book.
Nope, all I’m saying is a possibility that he did, and you’re denying that as even as ever as a possibility.

I think it’s fair to say that he’ll coach again. Most coaches do go for a second stint before they really retire.
I do think Cowboys fans are getting ahead of themselves by proclaiming Payton the coach for the 2023 Cowboys. Another team, possibly from the AFC could get him.

I think Payton is going to give TV a genuine shot, but he didn't want to try to make it sound final that he wasn't going to coach again because if TV doesn't work out, he wants to coach.

I honestly don’t think Sean is interested in going to Dallas. I’m not going to say that will never be the case. But he’s intrigued about the idea of working in media and establishing a “great” career there. He might change his mind and return to coaching—he is not foreclosing the possibility whatsoever—but he wanted to take a deep dive into working in media. And if it works out, it might be a situation like Bill Cowher or John Madden where he never returns to coaching. Of course, Jon Gruden was enjoying a great career in media and decided to return to coaching. So, the itch might always be there.
I don't see the Dallas connection as automatic as some people think.

In order to get back to coaching, Sean will want full control.

And there it comes draft time, think Sean wants either a defensive tackle or a guard and available on the draft there is the last wide receiver star from Oklahoma. Jerry will push for his guy.

Think comes third game of the season and things are not going well. Sean decides that it is time to bench Zeke Elliot. Do you think Jerry won't say a thing about that?

And then, there is the weekly Jerry Jones radio show, in which Jerry will be talking about every single thing and decision Sean will make, positive or negative.

Jerry once offer full control to Parcells, Sean knows perfectly if that was respected.

On the other side, think Miami. The owner has tons of money and don't seem to find the answer to get out mediocrity. He would be willing to give Sean full control as President and Head Coach, he may be even offer Sean to keep the president job if he decides he had enough of coaching. He will bring the credit card and stay out of what Sean will do.

I think Sean will be more interested in the second scenario.

And even still, I think his main interest is TV, he will become either the new Jimmy Johnson or the new Jon Gruden. He will be making more or less the same money, with a 6 month vacation period and a more relaxed job.

And finally, the TV will keep his profile in front of the national audience, the TV gig will be the best promotion he can get to achieve a place at the Hall of Fame.

I believe the Cowgirls retaining Mike McCarthy for 2022 means it is more likely that Sean Payton would be in Dallas in 2023. However, there is still the Jerry Jones factor, and we know Payton demands basically total authority, which Jones is not likely to surrender. Ask Jimmy Johnson how that worked out.

I think it’s fair to say that he’ll coach again. Most coaches do go for a second stint before they really retire.
I do think Cowboys fans are getting ahead of themselves by proclaiming Payton the coach for the 2023 Cowboys. Another team, possibly from the AFC could get him.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sean take the KC job if Andy Reid retires in the next couple of years.

You mean to tell me you are going with a Mike Florio article, and the word of a guy (I have never herd of), who is trying to sell books!!!!!!!!!!! Sean was going to leave Drew to coach at Dallas, or perhaps Sean does this right before a contract negotiation as leverage with New Orleans.

What follows comes from my new book, Playmakers: How the NFL Really Works (And Doesn’t). The essay from which it’s drawn can be found there, if/when you purchase the book.
Last week everyone was shooting the messengers (Rap, Lombardi, etc.) about Payton’s retirement. Yes, this is believable as Sean’s signs have indicated he’s wanted to get out of here for awhile.

This just feels like it was a big setup. Sean steps down so he leaves us in good graces and takes a broadcasting job for a season then no matter how the season ends up for Dallas unless they win the super bowl Sean is the new head coach. I hope that doesn’t happen because I don’t want that kind of hate in my life.
This is exactly the feeling I get. Sean takes a year off to recharge and then gets offered (and takes) the Cowboys job the following season. I'm just curious what compensation we'll get for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom