Cowboys players to take it away from us (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The situation that we are in right now is also the one the Cowboys see as their own. I want what this guy wants and it is exactly what this team needs to do. If not someone else will. Read this from Cowboy's linebacker Burnett (AP story in my morning paper no web link)

"We're playing for home-field advantage now; we're playing for a 1st round bye," linebacker Kevin Burnett said, inspired by defeating previously unbeaten Indianapolis on Sunday. "When you look at all the things available to us now if we win out and do what we're supposed to do- the sky is the limit."

He sure said a mouthfull, but he is looking into the same scenario that we have in front of us. I want to win the next game on the schedule the most. Do that until the end of the season and we are the bye team with home-field advantage, not Dallas. Everyone in the country knows that Dallas is famous for being "America's Team" and many here know that folks - this year- have tried to put that moniker on us. Whatever... it's no biggie to me. I don't want to be America's team as much as I want to win. The whole country of sport's experts will love it if Dallas and the Tuna pull this off. Nobody expects us to or believes that we can do it. It kills me that we are right there and have only but to do it- prove all the detractors and nayesayers wrong by doing it. Starting Sunday, let the process begin. 4-0 is the goal but it starts with 9-4. beat them Boys baby!!!

Last edited:
Rock and roll, man! We definitely "have only but to do it." I want the rest of the country shocked, the conspiracy theorists confused, the talking heads eating crow, and the Falcons & Cowboys watching us on tv in January... not to mention television sets in Shreveport showing Louisiana's team, not Texas's.

I'd like to see black & gold stuff worn all over the country, and maybe even a bumper sticker that says, "we loved em back when they sucked."

it starts sunday in Atlanta...... BEAT --------THOSE------------BIRDS!......

Whoever's playing Dallas is always my second favorite team, but especially today. Geaux Bucs!

The Bucs vs Cowboys is the upset/trap game that we need almost as much as the upset/trap game we need in DC. 1st things 1st though. We must win vs. the Birds

Saints with a bye... easier than winning the Powerball Jackpot, right?

Rock and roll, man! We definitely "have only but to do it." I want the rest of the country shocked, the conspiracy theorists confused, the talking heads eating crow, and the Falcons & Cowboys watching us on tv in January... not to mention television sets in Shreveport showing Louisiana's team, not Texas's.

I'd like to see black & gold stuff worn all over the country, and maybe even a bumper sticker that says, "we loved em back when they sucked."

it starts sunday in Atlanta...... BEAT --------THOSE------------BIRDS!......

i really want to hear the boys from CBS interviewing Joe Horn at the end of SB XLI and him say, "We're not the Aints anymore. We're the world champion New Orleans Saints"

man, i am nervous 4 our secondary when we play this romo

got to have faith baby and Happy Thanksgiving

Me too. The Bucs are getting torched.

it'll be an interesting game...but remember, sean had romo for a couple years, so he'll know what to do as far as scheming..but hopefully tuna can outcoach the student

(cowboys fan)

To recap... I know that 7 wins doesn't equal playoffs and I'm glad coach said it. I love it when the QB talks about one game at a time and where the new season is 6 games. Right now we are 1-0. I love it when he mentions that looking down the road can cause you to stumble on something right in front of you. So, AGAIN, it begins this week against the 49ers. Thats the most important game on the schedule. For that reason I will only mention this once before next week --- The Sunday night game is one that this team can win for the coach. There is all the motivation in the world to win it for other reasons, but still, to take one from his mentor is something that this team can give to the city, themselves and as selfless as it gets, one to give to the coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom