Cowboys release Marcus Spears! (2 Viewers)

You guys want to complain when we hold on to older players but you want to take other teams older players that were never even as good as our older vets?

I have the Nnamdi Asomugha thread open in one tab and this thread in the tab next to it. Thought I was in the Asomugha thread and saw your post and was about to go off but then I saw how many likes you had and did a double take. Preach on!

I have the Nnamdi Asomugha thread open in one tab and this thread in the tab next to it. Thought I was in the Asomugha thread and saw your post and was about to go off but then I saw how many likes you had and did a double take. Preach on!
what do you mean?

All I said is it should be easy for Nnamdi to decide between us and the 9ers if it came down to it, plus we have more cap space than them. If Rob wants to pick him up, Nnamdi is different from most vets because he was a shutdown press man corner in Rob's system who had to go to a zone defense and was exposed. We are talking about someone who may be able to give us a shutdown corner in this system with Nnamdi. Plus him being from Louisiana and having a DC he excelled under here should help him with his decision.

what do you mean?

All I said is it should be easy for Nnamdi to decide between us and the 9ers if it came down to it, plus we have more cap space than them. If Rob wants to pick him up, Nnamdi is different from most vets because he was a shutdown press man corner in Rob's system who had to go to a zone defense and was exposed. We are talking about someone who may be able to give us a shutdown corner in this system with Nnamdi. Plus him being from Louisiana and having a DC he excelled under here should help him with his decision.

I didn't read the post you're talking about, only the one I quoted.

I thought you were calling Nnamdi an older vet (which he is) that's not even as good as Smith or Vilma.

You guys want to complain when we hold on to older players but you want to take other teams older players that were never even as good as our older vets?

The issue is the system. You need the guys with the experience that have played in the RR system or the learning curve will be very long. Bring in some of the old dogs to teach the new kids some tricks.

The issue is the system. You need the guys with the experience that have played in the RR system or the learning curve will be very long. Bring in some of the old dogs to teach the new kids some tricks.

Let's kick the tires!

Let's kick the tires!

Why? We already have 5 DE's on the roster who are better than Spears who is 30 and only has 10 sacks in a 8 year career. His vet minimum will be over $1mil and for someone averaging 2 sack a year that's way too much.

Will Smith had 6 sacks last year which is more than Spears has had in his last 4 seasons.

Tom Johnson had better numbers than Spears and he is younger, cheaper, more productive and has upside and he will be our #4 DE.

Why? We already have 5 DE's on the roster who are better than Spears who is 30 and only has 10 sacks in a 8 year career. His vet minimum will be over $1mil and for someone averaging 2 sack a year that's way too much.

Will Smith had 6 sacks last year which is more than Spears has had in his last 4 seasons.

Tom Johnson had better numbers than Spears and he is younger, cheaper, more productive and has upside and he will be our #4 DE.

That salary won't even count against the cap if done right.

Jeez... what is it about former LSU players? He is an aging veteran who never lived up to his potential. Pass.

Thank God some of you aren't the GM of the Saints. We'd be back in the days of Mecom.

No thanks!!! We don't need another D Lineman that doesn't make plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom