Cowboys-Saints: Five things to watch By Pat Yasinskas (1 Viewer)

justdave

Hung out to dry
Reaction score
Reggie Bush. The New Orleans running back might make his return from a broken leg and that could change the entire complexion of an offense that's come on strong in recent weeks. With Bush, the Saints have the ability to put him in different spots or in motion and that allows them to free up other offensive weapons. If Bush plays, the Saints probably will ease him in with spot duty and still use Chris Ivory as their main runner.

Take advantage of matchups. As they almost always do, the Saints' receivers have a clear edge on Dallas' secondary. Top receiver Marques Colston is likely to draw Terence Newman and that should be a competitive matchup. But the real advantage comes deeper down the line. Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem and Lance Moore all rotate in. Dallas cornerback Mike Jenkins has been having a rough season and he's likely to be targeted often. Meachem is the deep threat here with three touchdown catches of more than 30 yards. The Saints should be able to wear this secondary down.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/15684/cowboys-saints-five-things-to-watch

The Cowboys LBs are TERRIBLE in coverage, so our TEs should see alot passes tomorrow.

Graham is gonna destroy whichever of those scrubs that they put on him.

Loved the blitzes against the Steelers, and would love to see them again. I don't see Kitna taking advantage of our secondary. I'll bet we have a couple of coverage sacks.

I just hope the team is not reading this thread, although I agree with most or all of it. My only fear is the student takes on teacher part. You know he knows how SP thinks. EDGE SP! :)

The Saints owe a payback dealt out in preparation for last year's loss to the Cowboys. That win gave the Cowboys more confidence than any game in the last four or five seasons, just like the inverse of when we drubbed them in 2006 in Dallas. The Cowboys will be trying to use this game as a measuring stick for their new coach and who they think they should have been as a team all along. We have to step on their throat early and not let them rediscover that confidence of last year. Sweep the leg, Payton.

The Cowboys LBs are TERRIBLE in coverage, so our TEs should see alot passes tomorrow.

Graham is gonna destroy whichever of those scrubs that they put on him.

You mean the 'mental midget' Brookings is not a great player?

Hmm. He thinks so...

My only concerns about this game...

1. Ware: If we can contain him we have a solid chance at victory.

2. Hartley: If the game comes down to a last second chip shot field goal we're screwed

I think we will win going away unless Payton overlooked this game. But then Jerry paid Garret a lot tostay. No way Payton doesn't have something to prove. No way the saints aren't looking to Mae a point to the team that ended their streak.

Prediction: if sharper or Jenkins plays then we win by at least 20 and brees signs his name on the wall like Eli did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom