Cowboys Unwittingly Show Draft Board (1 Viewer)

Those appear like their top DB's, not necessarily their wish list, if it is not a ruse.

Yep. It's hardly their "Draft Board" it's just their list of how they rank DBs. It looks about right but you can get pretty much the same kind of info off any draft site on intraweb. Now if they'd had a shot of how the Cowboys see the first round going or a list of their possible targets in every round then that would be something....this is barely anything....

It gives peeps who covet DRC some ammo against all those who say that he's a workout warrior or whatever. Now we have some indication that a professional scouting staff thinks he's the #1 CB on the board.

SPORTSbyBROOKS Cowboys Unwittingly Show Off Secret Draft Board

From what BGN could tell, Dallas wants, in order:

1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
2. Leodis McKelvin
3. Kenny Phillips
4. Mike Jenkins
5. Aqib Talib
6. Tyrell Johnson
7. Tracey Porter

Seriously even if you ignore the big "DB" header over this list you guys believe Dallas is going to spend every draft pick on DBs? Plus they are just about to trade for Pacman. This is nothing but their ranking of DBs nothing more......

If that is their draft board, wouldn't you think that it would be done more professionally. Grease pencil for goodness sake.

Seriously even if you ignore the big "DB" header over this list you guys believe Dallas is going to spend every draft pick on DBs? Plus they are just about to trade for Pacman. This is nothing but their ranking of DBs nothing more......

I doubt many opened the link.

It gives peeps who covet DRC some ammo against all those who say that he's a workout warrior or whatever. Now we have some indication that a professional scouting staff thinks he's the #1 CB on the board.

I was thinking the same thing. :mwink:

It shows that an NFL team's DB rankings are pretty spot-on with what the media's rankings look like.

Heck, the first five names on the list, who cares. Whether it's the Cowboys, or Todd McShay of Scouts Inc, the players in the first two rounds are pretty much set. Not totally set, but pretty much set. I could pretty much name the first six players right now, maybe not the order, but the players. I could probably do a decent job naming 10 of the first 12 players drafted, again, not the precise order, but at least which players.

There are very few secrets amongst teams.

However, the last two names are interesting. The middle round guys that become players in the NFL. The Joey Porter's and Brian Westbrook's of the league. In this case, the Tyrell Johnson and Tracey Porter's of the draft. This is where a draft is made.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom