Reaction score
On NFL Total Access, they said the Titans want a 3rd, the Cowboys offered a 5th

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A 3rd for Jones? Ridiculous! They should be paying the Cowboys to rid them on that cancer.

Dart

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I think a 5th would be worth a shot. Not sure I'd use a 4th on a character like Pacman though.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time, and probably not long, before he's in trouble again. It's a shame because of the guy's talent, but I wouldn't touch him. Dallas is probably the perfect place for him.

FFSaint

uh, no.
Reaction score
I think a 5th would be worth a shot. Not sure I'd use a 4th on a character like Pacman though.

A 4th for a STUD on the field is worth the gamble of his actions off the field. What is the likelihood of a 4th rounder making the team OR producing what Pacman could produce on the field?

Reaction score
This is basically a hard decision for the cowboys. Do they think Jones will be able to regain rookie form and be a stud for them? Probably. Do they think he will have off the field issues as he's had in the past. Will see. Jones is a beast when he has his head screwed on right. He would give the cowgirls a very good CB and a great return man. This is a big risk/reward situation. If i was them i would give them a 4th. The patriots were in this situation also. Did they think Moss could produce? Obviously. Did they think he would be happy? I'm guessing they did when they gave Oakland a 4th. Did it payoff? Hell Yeah. Him and Brady broke records. It was a huge risk/reward because Moss had serious Character issues. Now he didn't get arrested 6 times for being involved in strip clubs and gangs. But he was known to have a temper and go off on his coaches. They took a huge risk, and the reward was EXCELLENT.

pjk481

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
they just said on NFL LIVE the Boys are offering a PICK and a PLAYER. they didn't specify what round pick tho. I'm willing to bet its a 5th though.

Bee Rad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I don't know... our 4th round pick from last year proved to be a valuable contributor to the team. A 4th round pick for a pro-bowl caliber cornerback, who will be forced to accept a minimal pay, low risk contract??? Let me think about it. :scratch:

BACKLASH

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know... our 4th round pick from last year proved to be a valuable contributor to the team. A 4th round pick for a pro-bowl caliber cornerback, who will be forced to accept a minimal pay, low risk contract??? Let me think about it. :scratch:

Dude...although funny, that's just soo wrong!! But I like the way you think!

v3kt0r

Count de Monet
Reaction score
Character has never been priority #1 with the Cowboys.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is basically a hard decision for the cowboys. Do they think Jones will be able to regain rookie form and be a stud for them? Probably. Do they think he will have off the field issues as he's had in the past. Will see. Jones is a beast when he has his head screwed on right. He would give the cowgirls a very good CB and a great return man. This is a big risk/reward situation. If i was them i would give them a 4th. The patriots were in this situation also. Did they think Moss could produce? Obviously. Did they think he would be happy? I'm guessing they did when they gave Oakland a 4th. Did it payoff? Hell Yeah. Him and Brady broke records. It was a huge risk/reward because Moss had serious Character issues. Now he didn't get arrested 6 times for being involved in strip clubs and gangs. But he was known to have a temper and go off on his coaches. They took a huge risk, and the reward was EXCELLENT.

The difference is that PacMan is one infraction away from another suspension. With Moss, you just had to worry about his attitude and desire. Pacman has to remain squeaky clean.

Dale Carter, Hollis Thomas and a lineman from KC (forgot his name) missed games for us due to suspensions. Thomas' case wasn't so bad.

Rum

All-Pro
Reaction score
we could offer our 5th, just to make the cowboys pony up a higher choice. Or a conditional 4th next year. ;)

pjk481

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
the boys are offering a PICK and a PLAYER! according to NFL LIVE. who do you guys think, theoretically, we would include with our pick to up the boys?

BigHossTheBoss

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
We don't have a 4th this year and we cannot offer a 3rd or 4th next year because they are both potentially tied up in the Vilma trade. I don't want this trash bag anyway. He is proving over and over again that he is extremely unintelligent (both with the way he speaks and acts). It's usually said in the context of dating, but I'll say it now...you can't fix stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom