Cowboys vs Saints 2006 (1 Viewer)

This game was definitely a sign to the league that the Sean Payton Saints were something special

Okay then.

But seriously though, I agree. The Dome reopening against Atlanta will rightfully go down as the most important game of that season, but if we're talking about a game that signified big things being in store, it was definitely the Dallas game. Unlike that Atlanta game, the Saints didn't have all that emotion from a quick blocked punt score and a rabid crowd (although we did have a pretty good showing that night in Texas Stadium) backing them. They were on the road and actually gave up a long touchdown run early in the game to initially fall behind. After that it was pretty much a systematic *** whipping.

And it should've been a worse (expletive deleted) whipping! Fred Thomas lets what should've been an easy INT go through his hands for a TD on a 4th down (yes, I know he had a hurt thumb but he could've at least knocked it down). McKenzie gets called for an iffy unsportsmanlike conduct (yeah, he was yapping but I've seen that level of yapping go uncalled many times) that set up the Cowboys field goal.

Okay then.

But seriously though, I agree. The Dome reopening against Atlanta will rightfully go down as the most important game of that season, but if we're talking about a game that signified big things being in store, it was definitely the Dallas game. Unlike that Atlanta game, the Saints didn't have all that emotion from a quick blocked punt score and a rabid crowd (although we did have a pretty good showing that night in Texas Stadium) backing them. They were on the road and actually gave up a long touchdown run early in the game to initially fall behind. After that it was pretty much a systematic *** whipping.

And it should've been a worse (expletive deleted) whipping! Fred Thomas lets what should've been an easy INT go through his hands for a TD on a 4th down (yes, I know he had a hurt thumb but he could've at least knocked it down). McKenzie gets called for an iffy unsportsmanlike conduct (yeah, he was yapping but I've seen that level of yapping go uncalled many times) that set up the Cowboys field goal.

I believe that was T.O.'s only catch of the game. Thomas had his rough moments in 2006, but the Dallas game was probably his best game of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom