Cox vs ATT Uverse (2 Viewers)

have not had Uverse but at face value it seems like a slightly better product if it has no more down time than cox.

However, if it involves giving up Cox internet (since ATT sucks) or having to deal with an ATT Service representative or ATT customer handling policy at all, those are two absolute deal breakers.

So in other words **** ATT

Both are overpriced. I have Sling TV right now for $20.00 per month.

More info

sling.com

I've had both currently with cox now bc U-verse isn't offered in my area. I prefer U-verse. Cox is more expensive. For what I had in U-verse I pay almost 100 more a month.

TV ? Left Cox and went back to DirecTV. We had a lot of trouble with the equipment freezing and not recording certainprograms. Didn't try Uverse TV. Happy with the switch.

Left Cox Internet for Uverse Internet. Easily one of the worst decisions I've ever made. Luckily, with enough complaining , they let me out of the contract and I was able to get even more speed than I previously had with Cox. 150m for $59.99. Super stoked about the switch.

Had both before I cut the cable a few years ago. Uverse has the better price; Cox, the better service. Very underwhelmed with Uverse's DVR and theiir customer service leaves much to be desired. The other knock on Uverse is that it could take a few visits from a technician to get the right signal to your box.

Cox has the better internet and it isn't even close.

Uverse phone and Internet is their only service in my area. Cox Internet is faster. We cut the Cox TV cord earlier this year but still use their Internet service. We'll probably sign up for Sling soon now that football season is here.

Cox has the better internet and it isn't even close.

Only in New Orleans.

I recently relocated back to NOLA; for the last several yrs I had Uverse in TX and loved it.. When I moved back I was surprised to learn that, because of a sweetheart deal Ray Nagin made for Cox over 10 yrs ago, Uverse cable isn't even available in New Orleans proper.. Like, you can't even get it.. That's supposed to be changing in the next few months, I hear.. So I went ahead and got Uverse Internet only and, b/c Cox has the superior infrastructure , Uverse Internet was really sloooowww... So I promptly switched to Cox Internet .. In the midst of all this, I attempted to just cut the cord using Amazon Firestick , Sling TV, etc but didn't work for me, not sure if b/c of my outdated plasma TV, or not being able to sync with Internet or what.. So I also then got Cox Contour cable, which is okay but I get way fewer sports channels than I did with Uvrse (similar package), and I find Cox's DVR/remote control to be clunky and non-intuitive, at least compared to Uverse... I may try to cut the cord again in a year or two, but cable companies are wising up, they're just jacking up the cost of Internet service, blocking signals, etc.

Only in New Orleans.

I recently relocated back to NOLA; for the last several yrs I had Uverse in TX and loved it.. When I moved back I was surprised to learn that, because of a sweetheart deal Ray Nagin made for Cox over 10 yrs ago, Uverse cable isn't even available in New Orleans proper.. Like, you can't even get it.. That's supposed to be changing in the next few months, I hear.. So I went ahead and got Uverse Internet only and, b/c Cox has the superior infrastructure , Uverse Internet was really sloooowww... So I promptly switched to Cox Internet .. In the midst of all this, I attempted to just cut the cord using Amazon Firestick , Sling TV, etc but didn't work for me, not sure if b/c of my outdated plasma TV, or not being able to sync with Internet or what.. So I also then got Cox Contour cable, which is okay but I get way fewer sports channels than I did with Uvrse (similar package), and I find Cox's DVR/remote control to be clunky and non-intuitive, at least compared to Uverse... I may try to cut the cord again in a year or two, but cable companies are wising up, they're just jacking up the cost of Internet service, blocking signals, etc.
Have to agree, when I was living in Houston and in Austin Uverse was very very good. Got back to New Orleans, got Uverse internet and was very disappointed.

Uverse has gigabit connections in San Antonio, Austin, Dallas and Houston which makes their internet better over there. Here, it just isn't good when the TV portion is using a huge chunk of the bandwidth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom