CP3 to be on Kimmel, what if a Saint.... (1 Viewer)

I dont think the timeframe makes a difference. His point is that CP3 is doing a TV show the day before a game. People on this board were bashing Reggie for shooting commercials OVER THE SUMMER.

I dont have any problem with CP or Reggie doing these things. The OP was just pointing out that people just seem to like to bash Reggie for no reason.

yep..that's exactly the point I'm making.

I dont think the timeframe makes a difference. His point is that CP3 is doing a TV show the day before a game. People on this board were bashing Reggie for shooting commercials OVER THE SUMMER.

I dont have any problem with CP or Reggie doing these things. The OP was just pointing out that people just seem to like to bash Reggie for no reason.

I think alot of the hate stems from the fact that he's a Pac-10 guy and most Saints fans only watch SEC football. The hype around the trojans the last few years made a few LSU fans jealous. They want to believe that somehow SEC football is 10 times more physical and that Pac-10 football is for softies and Reggie dominated a conference full of soft teams.

I really can't stand this bias because I watch both SEC and Pac-10 football and both are very physical and competitive. SEC obviously has more talented teams top to bottom, but football is still played at a very high level in the pac-10. USC is an awesome program and I'll take any of their players to play for the Saints. you know they were coached by one of the best and they played in alot of big games.

I doubt Reggie would schedule an interview the day before a game,maybe on a Tuesday or Wednesday.Even if he did I wouldn't care too much.Right or wrong,there's a lot more leniency towards MLB or NBA players than NFL players on things like this.Wasn't M.J. on Letterman a couple times during the playoffs?

I know all about the top seed stuff, espn lets ya know pretty much every day. The hornets could lose the top spot by one game,so perhaps I am underestimating the importance, but I still se it as an apples and oranges situation (based on the number of games played in the regular season), heck maybe even a moot apples and oranges situation. Perhaps it should be phrased this way both teams are out of the playoff picture both players do the kimmel thing the night before a game, one gets dogged the other doesn't, Why? (sorry, not trying to steal your thunder, but it does lend to the debate I think)

cp3 is having an mvp season. When bush has a season like this it will be fine. I would not have a problem with Brees on tv.

I know all about the top seed stuff, espn lets ya know pretty much every day. The hornets could lose the top spot by one game,so perhaps I am underestimating the importance, but I still se it as an apples and oranges situation (based on the number of games played in the regular season), heck maybe even a moot apples and oranges situation. Perhaps it should be phrased this way both teams are out of the playoff picture both players do the kimmel thing the night before a game, one gets dogged the other doesn't, Why? (sorry, not trying to steal your thunder, but it does lend to the debate I think)

:hihi: I know....

If the point was to bring attention to how ridiculous some here are when they get upset (or is it jealous?) that Bush is such a high profile athlete, then "kudos." Otherwise, being concerned that Paul is on a one hour talk show on an off day (much different as they play several games a week, not once a week) is much ado about nothing.

If the point was to bring attention to how ridiculous some here are when they get upset (or is it jealous?) that Bush is such a high profile athlete, then "kudos." Otherwise, being concerned that Paul is on a one hour talk show on an off day (much different as they play several games a week, not once a week) is much ado about nothing.

I hope it's obvious that I'm making a point to the former, not the latter.

Bingo.

:plus-un2:

Yeah there are tons of factors that go into this thing.

Perception is the biggest. Winning cures everything.

If the Saints were at the top of the NFC heading into the last game to secure home field against a top tier division rival I think we would tell ourselves "Well Reggie has probably studied film all day already and done his workout regime" when we see him on TV.

If the Saints are 0-4 and Reggie is on every commercial on TV, well, feels like he's overdoing it.

SO

basically CP gets a yard pass because he's been that good and his team is winning.
He could be on dancing with the stars right now mid season and I wouldn't care if he kept his stat line up.

Commercials that were all probably shot during the off-season. I think it's absurd for any of us to fix our mouths to say we approve or disapprove of what a grown man is doing with his time. I'm willing to bet that once practice and meetings are over, these guys go home to their wives, kids, girlfriends, parents, etc... have dinner with them, read stories to them, have "time" :mwink: with their wives, watch TV, etc. etc. etc. They are not robots, and desire the same social needs and interactions that us folks who don't make millions desire. This whole argument is ridiculous, really. "If Reggie were having an MVP season, I don't care about commercials, but with the year he had last year, I want him lifting weights, watching film, and studying the greats 24/7 until he retires."------ > lmao.

I have no idea whether it affects game play or not. I remember Hakeem Olajuwon appearing on the Letterman show for an interview in the middle of an NBA finals series against the Knicks -- didn't seem to affect him in the least as the Rockets rolled over New York.

Incidentally, Hakeem turned out to be a really good interview -- smart and funny.

If it doesn't affect gameplay, then why shouldn't he be on the show if invited? BTW, you contradict yourself in that post.......it doesn't affect game play, but then you say after last year he needs to focus on his game.:idunno: I don't understand?

BTW, I don't get the whole "Reggie shouldn't be doing anything but eating and sleeping football" phenomena that has taken over this town....which is why I brought up this article and situation.

His job is to play football. I think even he subtly admitted he lost sight of that fact a little bit. At the very least, missing team workouts last year was largely a result of his Hollywood activities, and that arguably had a direct effect on his preparation going into the season.

I just think it depends mostly on Bush's gameplay during the season. If he's having an MVP season, most people will praise him, if not then he will get bashed. IMO, I just think the preparation for both sports are very different, so MVP season or not, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Unless, he is playing a pick up game like he did in the 07 NBA All Star game and sprained his ankle :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom