CP3 to be on Kimmel, what if a Saint.... (1 Viewer)

Let's not forget that while the Kimmel show is on late at night, it's actually shot at like 3-4pm PST.

Actually Kimmell's show is shot 1 hour before it actually airs so more like 7 p.m. PST. Not that it really matters though.

As for the original question which would you rather CP3 do the night before a game go on a talk show for an hour or go out and test the night life in Los Angeles? Hmmmm...

Isn't that the same as appearing on the NFL Network? What if Reggie showed up on the NFL Network studio in his off week...I don't think anyone would care.

Actually Kimmell's show is shot 1 hour before it actually airs so more like 7 p.m. PST. Not that it really matters though.

As for the original question which would you rather CP3 do the night before a game go on a talk show for an hour or go out and test the night life in Los Angeles? Hmmmm...

At no point was that the original question, so :idunno:

Isn't that the same as appearing on the NFL Network? What if Reggie showed up on the NFL Network studio in his off week...I don't think anyone would care.

You guys are changing the whole situation, which isn't new to this site. This is not Pauls off week, like you suggest for Bush. This is the night before a game......and it's a huge game. Please try to stick to the original question.

.....And plenty people care when Bush is on Commercials during the offseason, so I think plenty of people would care if it was during the season.

Is this really an issue that causes some people concern?

Obsession

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
2: something that causes an obsession
— ob·ses·sion·al \-ˈsesh-nəl, -ˈse-shə-nəl\ adjective
— ob·ses·sion·al·ly adverb

Is this really an issue that causes some people concern?

Judging by your join date.....I'm not sure what to say. Have you paid attention to the board for the past year? If you have, then you would see why I asked this question to begin with.

It really perplexes me why people care what the players do in their spare time.:idunno:

I'm not sure I would call chris paul out,its an eighty two game season,if the hornets lose the laker game its not like they go from 9-7 to 8-8. I would see it as a chance to advertise, even if they don't talk much hornets stuff, another reason not to dog CP3. Now how many would apply the double standard, as the question implies, It also implies identical scenario's, which I don't think are there, nullifing any talk of double standard, I guess.

I'm not sure I would call chris paul out,its an eighty two game season,if the hornets lose the laker game its not like they go from 9-7 to 8-8. I would see it as a chance to advertise, even if they don't talk much hornets stuff, another reason not to dog CP3. Now how many would apply the double standard, as the question implies, It also implies identical scenario's, which I don't think are there, nullifing any talk of double standard, I guess.

The Hornets have a 2 game lead over the team they're playing which decides home court if the two teams meet in the Playoffs.......I think you're poo-pooing tonights games meaning a little. Sure, 1 game of 82 is less meaningful than 1 game of 16, but tonights games is very meaningful and, IMO, shouldn't be guaged like that.

Personally I don't have a problem with either getting in front of the camera and putting New Orleans in the minds of more people. I mean, isn't that what we always complain about, "Our players never get national respect."

With that said, the NBA season and the NFL season are two different things as PA states above. In the NFL, you prepare all week for one game while in the NBA, you have multiple games per week and don't have as much time for game planning as compared to an NFL team.

Ummmmm.... how can u even compare the two?? Basketball and Football are two totally different sports.... It's nothing for a basketball player to go on a show for an hour the day before a game...it's a whole different thing for a football player....football players spend all week planning for 1 game, basketball players play up to 4/5 games a week, the preparation is totally different.. and JMO i don't care what they do when they aren't on the field as long as it's not destructive or disrubptive to the team..

At no point was that the original question, so :idunno:

It is as for as what would he be doing if he was not on the show? Studying film or at a practice complex shooting jumpers at 7 P.M. the night before the game? I doubt it.

Same with Reggie, If he was on a show the day before a game no big deal unless he was missing some team function or walk through of some sort.

It is as for as what would he be doing if he was not on the show? Studying film or at a practice complex shooting jumpers at 7 P.M. the night before the game? I doubt it. Same with Reggie, If he was on a show the day before a game no big deal unless he was missing some team function or walk through of some sort.

No doubt.

Let's not forget that while the Kimmel show is on late at night, it's actually shot at like 3-4pm PST. I know a few people who have been guests on some talk shows and the entire process takes less than one hour....much shorter than someone shooting a commercial. I don't see a big deal in this at all. If it brings more awareness to the region....it's time well spent in my book ;)
I dont think the timeframe makes a difference. His point is that CP3 is doing a TV show the day before a game. People on this board were bashing Reggie for shooting commercials OVER THE SUMMER.

I dont have any problem with CP or Reggie doing these things. The OP was just pointing out that people just seem to like to bash Reggie for no reason.

Yeah there are tons of factors that go into this thing.

Perception is the biggest. Winning cures everything.

If the Saints were at the top of the NFC heading into the last game to secure home field against a top tier division rival I think we would tell ourselves "Well Reggie has probably studied film all day already and done his workout regime" when we see him on TV.

If the Saints are 0-4 and Reggie is on every commercial on TV, well, feels like he's overdoing it.

SO

basically CP gets a yard pass because he's been that good and his team is winning.
He could be on dancing with the stars right now mid season and I wouldn't care if he kept his stat line up.

Ummmmm.... how can u even compare the two?? Basketball and Football are two totally different sports.... It's nothing for a basketball player to go on a show for an hour the day before a game...it's a whole different thing for a football player....football players spend all week planning for 1 game, basketball players play up to 4/5 games a week, the preparation is totally different.. and JMO i don't care what they do when they aren't on the field as long as it's not destructive or disrubptive to the team..

If the Lakers win tomorrow night that would give them the tiebreaker over the Hornets in the playoffs, not to mention getting the Spurs only one game behind us for our division, which if they catch us would mean the difference form the 1/2 seed all the way down to 5......I would say that makes the two situations very comparable, at least to a degree that makes it worth discussing.

...and I agree with the who cares comment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom