craft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
does anyone else think jason craft did 10 times better than fred thomas, he defended atleast two deep balls with no help and he chased down vick on his 50 yard run. I thought craft played a very good game today

yes and no. I think Vick sailed a few passes and helped craft out. If Vick would have put some zip on the pass he would have gotten some completions on craft.

Theres one thing for sure. Craft is a better corner then Thomas at this point in time.

Is it Thomas's fault? Afterall he may be injured still, maybe to old, too slow. etc. etc. I'm not saying Craft is good, but hes better in coverage then Thomas if he stops looking in the backfield. He has the speed and cover skills that Thomas lacks because of age and injury. Are either of them that great, no, but at least Craft gives us a chance.

I'm not gonna bash Thomas because hes been a good guy for us but right now he needs to stay at the nickel position or on the bench. I liked Groce playing nickel today to. Nice sack by him on Vick.

I also remember two plays deep where Craft had great inside position and was even interfered with on one.

He also had some huge hits in the running game and on some short passes where he nailed them to stop them short of the 1st down.

Do you guys really think it is fair to compare one cb after facing Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson with blown coverage by the safety to another CB that played Michael Vick and Roddy White? If I recall Fred Thomas had the best game any corner on our team has had this season the first time the Saints played the Falcons. Man, just two weeks ago I was reading about how Craft sucks, we miss Thomas, etc.

Glad you all aren't GM's or coaches.

I thought Craft had a decent game. Is he better than Fred Thomas? NO

They did throw on his side of the field when they went for the deep pass, and he covered well on a few occassions. But, there were at least 2 dropped passes on his side of the field to where he lost the ball and completely ran himself out of the play. Both were deep balls, and both would have been caught and run in for touchdowns.

I was actually impressed with the play of Groce today. He played tight coverage, and was a good tackler. I hope he is ok.

Theres one thing for sure. Craft is a better corner then Thomas at this point in time.

Uhmm, ok let's not get carried away.

Craft played a solid game today, and I was fully prepared to start a thread of my own, acknowledging his play. But let's be fair: nobody will mistake the Falcons' receiving corps for the Bengals' group.

Thomas is nowhere near the athlete Craft is, but he's a savvy football player. I'd still take a healthy Freddy over a healthy Craft. By a longshot. I've seen Craft get burned by opposing teams' #'s 3 and 4 receivers far too often for my liking.

Last edited:
Do you guys really think it is fair to compare one cb after facing Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson with blown coverage by the safety to another CB that played Michael Vick and Roddy White? If I recall Fred Thomas had the best game any corner on our team has had this season the first time the Saints played the Falcons. Man, just two weeks ago I was reading about how Craft sucks, we miss Thomas, etc.

If the Bengals game was the only time Thomas had been abused this year, then yeah I'd say its an unfair comparison.

Thomas and Craft are both pretty bad corners. The difference is Thomas is slow and can't cover man to man anymore. Craft is fast and can still stay with people to cover them. Does that mean hes a good corner? No. He looks in the backfield to much but at least you know he has the athletic ability to cover, Thomas no longer does with his bad hammy.

Here's the way I see it: Craft can be successful against Lelie, Roddy White, and Michael Jenkins (or whatever his name is) but is not successful against Chad Johnson. That describes a lot of cornerbacks in the NFL. I've been very tough on Craft, but he looked very good today. Of course, it helps that the Atlanta receivers can't catch.

Craft did a great job....but in all fairness, Atl's WR's are horrible and cant run routes or catch!

Uhmm, ok let's not get carried away.

Craft played a solid game today. But nobody will mistake the Falcons' receiving corps for the Bengals' group.

Thomas is nowhere near the athlete Craft is, but he's a savvy football player. I'd still take a healthy Freddy over a healthy Craft. By a longshot. I've seen Craft get burned by opposing teams' #'s 3 and 4 receivers far too often for my liking.

Thats not the debate in my mind. Yeah most of us would take a healthy Thomas over Craft. But right now and probably for the rest of the year Thomas is not going to be healthy. Thats why I say craft is the better choice. He has the speed and cover skills to at least attempt to play man to man. Thomas can't anymore. Doesn't make him a bad player or person.

Craft had a good game. I will leave it at that, I am not going to get into which is better out of Thoms/Craft. We shall see in the next few games if either becomes more consistant. However, the above poster made a good point about Thomas having to cover C. Johnson and Craft on White.

You're exactly right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom