craft (1 Viewer)

Geez, Craft played ok but he was two drops away from playing horribly. Really, he was seriously beat on two drops by Roddy White. We need Fred Thomas back and healthy as soon as possible. We aren't going to play WR's as bad as these two for the rest of the season.

Geez, Craft played ok but he was two drops away from playing horribly. Really, he was seriously beat on two drops by Roddy White. We need Fred Thomas back and healthy as soon as possible. We aren't going to play WR's as bad as these two for the rest of the season.

Have you seen Thomas play this year? They both are no good and need to be gone next year. Thomas has a hamstring injury. It won't be gone this year. Its a nagging injury. Craft is the best option right now because he still has speed to cover man to man.

BTW...Roddy White only had one drop didn't he...what other one are you thinking about? Not to mention. If he does make that one easy catch thats still only 30 or so yards given up by craft. Somethign else to notice is how well Craft has been playing in run support and short pass support outa the backfield. Hes been laying the wood and stopping people.

I just hope we play Craft in our next game......I liked him staying close to his guy......Thomas ALWAYS GAVE A HUGE CUSHION TO THE WRs he covered....yes he made the tackle, after the WR picked up a 1st down.....but Craft has shown more speed than Thomas, and he INFLUENCED some of the drops the WRs had today!

At this point Craft might not be a better CB than Thomas.....BUT HE PLAYS BETTER!

and that's what counts......

props to Craft and Copper. Sorry about any bad thoughts I may have had this season:)

Craft did a marvelous job today. I was concerned before kickoff, but he showed me some things. Don't get carried away though, Freddy's a better corner. Threre's a reason that he starts before Craft and that is because the coaching staff thinks he gives us the best chance. Don't we all love and trust Coach P?? Plus, think about all the times Craft's been toasted in the past (last year vs the Giants anyone????). He did well today, but we must address this position next year.

Have you seen Thomas play this year? They both are no good and need to be gone next year. Thomas has a hamstring injury. It won't be gone this year. Its a nagging injury. Craft is the best option right now because he still has speed to cover man to man.

BTW...Roddy White only had one drop didn't he...what other one are you thinking about? Not to mention. If he does make that one easy catch thats still only 30 or so yards given up by craft. Somethign else to notice is how well Craft has been playing in run support and short pass support outa the backfield. Hes been laying the wood and stopping people.

2 drops that I saw. 1 in the first qtr and one in the 4th. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was Roddy White both times, and both times the ball was underthrown and Craft had no idea where the ball was. No ball recognition = blown coverage.

That being said, I will agree that with Freddy hurt Craft is the best we have right now and played good enough to win which is all we can ask of him. I'm just also saying, if those two passes weren't dropped, we'd being singing a whole different song and dance. And don't forget that Fred Thomas is still a decent #2 corner when healthy, that he has proven over the years.

I'd give Craft a B-. He played much better than expected with an assist from the butter fingered receivers. The Lelie drop when Craft badly overran an underthrown ball would have been a TD for sure.

Better than expected Craft. Keep it up:)

hahahahahahahahahahahahha

thomas went up against chad johnson, a top 5 wideout in the league
craft went up againt freaking ashle lelie and roddy white, its not in the same league

I'd give Craft a B-. He played much better than expected with an assist from the butter fingered receivers. The Lelie drop when Craft badly overran an underthrown ball would have been a TD for sure.

Better than expected Craft. Keep it up:)

So it was Lelie who dropped the first one...............my bad.

does anyone else think jason craft did 10 times better than fred thomas

Yes, but i'm biased. I grew up with the dude:ezbill:. Seriously, I think we should stay with Craft for a while. He seemed to handle the deep ball a little better.

Thats not the debate in my mind. Yeah most of us would take a healthy Thomas over Craft. But right now and probably for the rest of the year Thomas is not going to be healthy. Thats why I say craft is the better choice. He has the speed and cover skills to at least attempt to play man to man. Thomas can't anymore. Doesn't make him a bad player or person.

And I would agree with you, a healthy Craft > a hurt Freddy. Hopefully Gibbs can employ more pressure and blitz packages to protect Craft in coverage, or simply roll the coverage towards Craft's side of the field.

Craft did well today, but if you recall from the first game against the Falcons, Freddie shut down these receivers, too. I'm glad that Craft did well, but I am not prepared to say he is "better" than Freddie after just one game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom