Craig Ferguson has figured out why everything sucks. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFQkMAPVoIo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFQkMAPVoIo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

True words.. Very True words.

I like Ferguson's show. It's the only late night show that I TIVO.

while I'd agree with his point on the consumer-ification of youth and targeting them as a profitable demographic for marketing, most of that rant just sounds like an older guy out of touch with youth.

The generalization is uninformed and ignorant and in my experience totally contrary to the majority of youth - the majority of them do not, I believe, intentionally seek to be "young and stupid" in an unapologetic march toward "imbecility"

and I think that the only thing keeping Ferguson from being the worst late night talent is one Jimmy Fallon so admittedly, I'm not a fan

while I'd agree with his point on the consumer-ification of youth and targeting them as a profitable demographic for marketing, most of that rant just sounds like an older guy out of touch with youth.

The generalization is uninformed and ignorant and in my experience totally contrary to the majority of youth - the majority of them do not, I believe, intentionally seek to be "young and stupid" in an unapologetic march toward "imbecility"

I think analyzing the undercurrent tone and message of this piece is probably a prodigious waste of time. You could have easily just posted "I didn't laugh." Still, you didn't get that rep for your dancing skills so what do I know. :9:

and I think that the only thing keeping Ferguson from being the worst late night talent is one Jimmy Fallon so admittedly, I'm not a fan

Next let's discuss the metaphysical implications of a fart joke.

I think analyzing the undercurrent tone and message of this piece is probably a prodigious waste of time. You could have easily just posted "I didn't laugh."

fwiw, it took me longer to view the clip that you linked than it did to type up a quick reply

so of the two things, the bigger "waste of time" was the clip you linked and as opposed to the response I wrote - but I'd classify neither as "prodigious"

I assumed you posted the video to start a discussion on the content of the video.

fwiw, it took me longer to view the clip that you linked than it did to type up a quick reply

so of the two things, the bigger "waste of time" was the clip you linked and as opposed to the response I wrote - but I'd classify neither as "prodigious"

I assumed you posted the video to start a discussion on the content of the video.

Just wanted to offer up a laugh. Cheers.
happy0148.gif

Noam Chomsky has written about this. Youth and counter-culture is all made up. It is marketed and yet controlled commodity.

Chomsky said in society, since the beginning, governments and ruling bodies have always tried to force their people to think and live a certain way. After World War 1 we discovered the power of mass marketing. Of course you had books and newspapers to influence but this was different. We had propaganda movies and radio. We created a society to be impressionable toward what we want to shape it as. We had anti-marijuana movies etc... Once the television came out we then shaped the culture then. In the Nixon Kennedy debate, Nixon broke his toe or foot. He appeared to look terrible on TV. People said, who watched the TV debate, said Kennedy won yet on radio people said Nixon won. Now the machine started. With Beatle mania, hair cuts, and fashion.

fast forward to the present.
Look at the Arnold Schwarzenegger and Obama elections. They both ran on a platform of "We need to change and be bipartisan". Once they get in they are the only change yet they have to deal with all the congress people. They are still there. How many times have we all said "good lord how hard can it be to get something done in the government" There is all this red tape and you can't supersede law. For instance the farmers in the valley in California.

The problem is we market people ignorance. Like these IBM commercials. I'm an IBM'er or Hi I'm an Apple. Being in computer science i just go "good lord this is some stupid crap here".

Look at the money people wasted. People never bought starter homes because i want to be successful now. All this reality TV. American Idol "who is going to win or who will lose" Look at the NFL "I hate this team vs my team" We have bred indifference too much for ratings. Too many times you hear on TV "Obama went too long and was boring, he needed to shorten it up for the public attention span" Great lets ignore fact and learning so i can get back to "Dog the bounty Hunter". It is amazing that people who are on TV criticize the President on his speeches sure as hell want education reform and high standards. This whole media today with it hollywood reboots, news, and fashion world is all out of ideas and don't want to take risk. They have a formula and keep pumping it out. Look how people don't say the truth but only say things that incite fear and hate to get ratings or views.

It is not the "We" generation it is the "ME".

Geez dude. You're holding on pretty tight. Maybe relax a little?

Geez dude. You're holding on pretty tight. Maybe relax a little?

I've seen you get more worked up on the video games board.

You've got your causes... and I've got mine :9:

You try having a reasonable conversation with anitapop. Things go sideways fast.

I consider it a personal policy to stay as far away from that clown as possible

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom