Craig Robertson leading the league in tackles through two weeks (2 Viewers)

I'd kill to see Ellerbe, Anthony and Robertson on the field at the same time. Even if it's only for a game before Ellerbe gets hurt again.

James Laurinaitis is this year's Brandon Browner. Average in his prime and way past it. He should have retired but at least he isn't on an island getting exposed constantly and does his job presnap.

But at the same time he's getting the defense lined up and was playing some serious head games with Eli, checking in and out of different coverage.

That's where he's valuable.

Until someone on this team is capable of doing that and knowing what they are seeing pre-snap, he will remain the starter.

I'd kill to see Ellerbe, Anthony and Robertson on the field at the same time. Even if it's only for a game before Ellerbe gets hurt again.

James Laurinaitis is this year's Brandon Browner. Average in his prime and way past it. He should have retired but at least he isn't on an island getting exposed constantly and does his job presnap.

Ellerbe, Anthony, and Robertson would be clutch.

Robertson is also tied for the league lead in tackles for a loss among LB's. One more tackle for a loss and he matches Anthony's team high at LB for all of 2015.

Robertson is also tied for the league lead in tackles for a loss among LB's. One more tackle for a loss and he matches Anthony's team high at LB for all of 2015.

That's awesome. Going to add this quote to the original post. :worthy:

Where can you see TFL stats?

Way too harsh on Laurinaitis... he might not be making great plays on his own, but his pre-snap reads are enabling other players (e.g. Robertson) to make plays. And it's not like he's giving up automatic first downs via holding calls 3 times a game.

The guy has been very impressive and he was a great FA pickup. I just don't see how they will be able to keep him off the field even when Ellerbe comes back (assuming he does for more than a game or two). That may mean, as has been noted, we move Anthony inside along side of Laurentitis and then putting either Ellerbe and Robertson on the outside! Good problem to have actually and I really want to see Anthony back in the middle in a 3 - 4 alignment.

U know that ellerbe and Robertson absolutely could not play olb in a 3-4 right?

That's awesome. Going to add this quote to the original post. :worthy:

Where can you see TFL stats?

Player Tackles For Loss: 2016 NFL Season

Way too harsh on Laurinaitis... he might not be making great plays on his own, but his pre-snap reads are enabling other players (e.g. Robertson) to make plays.

and does his job presnap.

And it's not like he's giving up automatic first downs via holding calls 3 times a game.

at least he isn't on an island getting exposed constantly

All i see is the ranking, not how many he has.

It's there...Robertson is tied for 2nd in the league with 4, and one of the two guys ahead of him with 5, has played a third game already (Jabaal Sheard with NE).

The alarming thing for me is looking at the 2015 stats. You have to go WAY down the list to find the first Saints guy, Anthony, who had 5 for the SEASON.

It shows just how bad our defense was, that we had so few tackles for losses as a team.

Just imagine if we had a healthy Ellerbe.

:gosaints:

If Robinson is taking Ellerbe's spot, I'm not sure how accurate this data would be. It may be a blessing in disguise if Ellerbe can stay a bit healthy. Maybe when #50 takes over at middle linebacker, 52 and Ellerbe(I forget the number due to never seeing it on the field) will be our outside linebackers. Can I still imagine that too.��

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom