Craig Robertson unsung hero of this defense (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
96 tackles 1 sack 1 interception 4 passes defended

and most importantly has taken over the leadership role of this LB corps and arguably of the entire defense

He is on pace for a whopping 140 tackles this season

He is only 28, so at the prime of his career, and hopefully can give us another 3 to 4 high quality seasons

He bears an awful lot of similarity to Vilma. He's not maybe quite the player Vilma was overall, but in terms of his game, it's very similar. So good in coverage and in on just about every play.

He bears an awful lot of similarity to Vilma. He's not maybe quite the player Vilma was overall, but in terms of his game, it's very similar. So good in coverage and in on just about every play.

excellent comparison

Yeah, Robertson has been an excellent FA acquisition. Hopefully, we can find 2 or 3 more LB's like him in the offseason.

Craig Robertson came to New Orleans to play some ball. Saints need to draft a good LBer to go along with Robertson and Stupar. Hope they draft Kendall Beckwith. All of LSU LBers is doing really really good in the NFL. Kwan Alexander, Jones, Minter are all doing there thing. I think Beckeith is better than all them. Just hope Saints draft the guy.

Beckwith is a great MLB and would be awesome next to Robertson if we ran a 3-4. Not sure how he would do moving positions as he is not a WLB and we don't play a SLB much.

Good point and love his play/leadership when Vaccaro got the interception. Not 100% sure, but seemed like he was giving Vaccaro a heads up about something coming his way.

It was also pretty impressive that he was basically step for step with Ted Ginn on that touchdown last week. For a linebacker who is a bit pudgy, for him to be like half a yard behind one of the fastest guys in the league about 40 yards down the field is pretty darn imprsssivd.

We need more defensive free agent signings like this

Robinson has been lights out since he's stepped on the field for us. Honestly, I was pretty relieved we let Laurinaitis walk and started him permanently.

It was also pretty impressive that he was basically step for step with Ted Ginn on that touchdown last week. For a linebacker who is a bit pudgy, for him to be like half a yard behind one of the fastest guys in the league about 40 yards down the field is pretty darn imprsssivd.

We need more defensive free agent signings like this

My thoughts exactly. Not only that, but he had pretty good coverage, the pass and catch to Ginn were off-the-charts perfect.

Yea, Craig could stand to lose 10-15 pounds. If he did, I think he would be as good as Vilma. (Ellerbe's weight is also not ideal)

I was surprised we signed him with thoughts of him being a backup and ST player. This guy was one of the Browns best defensive players last year. Josh McCown said before the season started on an interview that Craig Robinson was the biggest FA loss going into this year.

I actually thought he had a good chance at starting day one...

Very good signing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom