Craig Robertson (1 Viewer)

JermHerm

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How many of you all think he should be starting at that inside backer position? All he does is produce! I really love him paired with Teo, they have great chemistry.

How many of us are coaches??

What we think is irrelevant.

I'm no doctor either... but I know that when my stomach hurts... it's probably not a good idea to fart.

That aside... Robertson should not be starting unless Davis, Te'o, Anzalone, or Klein are unable to go.... but again... I am no doctor.

I think he should start above Anzalone. The thing is that its hard to sculpt with glass, because it breaks so easily, and every time it breaks, you have to start a section over. In the same way it is hard for sculpt Anzalone into a top linebacker, despite the potential, because he constantly breaks, and every time he breaks he loses momentum in his development. By the time he retires, Anzalone will probably only be as developed as most players are going into their senior year of college, because his entire college and pro career, when actually seeing the field beyond special teams, has been interrupted by an injury every 4.5 games on average. Robertson has played several consecutive years at times without a serious injury and just has so much more momentum in his development.

The coaches love them some Anzalone like a gambler loves a scratcher ticket. They can only see the chance to win big, not how low that chance is. Their number came up on the rouletter wheel with Robertson and they are moving the winnings to another number with Anzalone and letting it all ride. Eternal optimism can plague any professional in any profession and sometimes it takes an outsider to see it.

So you say he should be starting inside, yet you then immediately after say you love him paired with Te'o, who plays the MIKE? So who'd be inside? Only one can play inside at a time considering there's only one inside linebacker in a 43, the other would be playing outside by default. You either have Te'o playing out of position on the outside if Robertson is the MIKE, or you have Robertson on the outside with Te'o at MIKE.

But the only way Davis isn't at MIKE is if he's hurt. That is a MAN out there.

I'm no doctor either... but I know that when my stomach hurts... it's probably not a good idea to fart.

That aside... Robertson should not be starting unless Davis, Te'o, Anzalone, or Klein are unable to go.... but again... I am no doctor.
Davis is the only one I’d put ahead of Robertson. Te’o can’t operate in space, Anzalone is fast, very fast! But he literally looks like he doesn’t read his keys, looked a bit lost last night. Klein simply gets the calls in faster and gets the defense lined up, he’s actual play after the ball is snapped, isn’t desirable.

So you say he should be starting inside, yet you then immediately after say you love him paired with Te'o, who plays the MIKE? So who'd be inside? Only one can play inside at a time considering there's only one inside linebacker in a 43, the other would be playing outside by default. You either have Te'o playing out of position on the outside if Robertson is the MIKE, or you have Robertson on the outside with Te'o at MIKE.

But the only way Davis isn't at MIKE is if he's hurt. That is a MAN out there.
If it came down to it, I’d play Te’o inside, Robertson outside. But you’re absolutely right about Davis. He is undoubtedly the man.

Its amazing how many coaches we have on this board.

I had no idea we had so many LB, DB, TE, DL, QB ...shoot every position coach ...we got em!

I cannot understand with ALL the KNOWLEDGE not a single ONE is employed by the NFL or NCAA. ( well we had one former NCAA but folks ran him off for speaking his opinion years back )

If it came down to it, I’d play Te’o inside, Robertson outside. But you’re absolutely right about Davis. He is undoubtedly the man.

If Davis and Anzalone was hurt, I would feel adequate with Te'o at MIKE and Robertson at WILL with Robertson and Klein staying on the field in nickel situations. But unless Anzalone gets hurt or has major errors in live action, I don't see Robertson leapfrogging him despite how solid he's been here.

I think Anzalone is still growing. He only made it 3.1 games last year so he's still very green to the League. We've seen him kick *** is practice and make amazing plays against our first team offense, that means he's capable of doing it at the pro level. He's just working on putting it together in live-game situations.

What's this? 4 straight years (or 3 at least) where we've not started Robertson. And every single year he goes in for some injured player and proves to be better than the person he replaced.

At what point do you just freaking start the guy?

What's this? 4 straight years (or 3 at least) where we've not started Robertson. And every single year he goes in for some injured player and proves to be better than the person he replaced.

At what point do you just freaking start the guy?
I don't think Robertson was better than Anzalone, but if he was, the difference was insignificant. I saw Anzalone making very good plays in his 3.5 games last year, and that was as a rookie. I think the difference is that if Anzalone can play at a comparable or near comparable level now, then it is expected that he will be able to play at a much higher level after he gets more experience. Robertson is a very solid LB, but Anzalone is good now, and potentially great.

Inside, outside, I don't care. He needs to be playing. He's at least the 2nd best linebacker on the roster, assuming Davis is the best.

On the field results don't lie. Anzalone and Klein are simply not as good. Te'o is good at what he does but is not as well-rounded.

Robertson is, at best, the 5th best LB on the team. So no, I don't think he should start. Hopefully special teams captain again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom