Which would you rather?

• 10 pounds of perfectly cooked, spicy boiled LA crawfish

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • A perfectly steamed 2-pound fresh Maine lobster

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Tacoes (you weirdo)

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
The crawfish would occupy more beer chugging time, so that would be a better diversion, IMO.

But I voted lobster. We have that every my birthday, special occasion, Christmas, etc. I just feel i scarf it down too quick

Like they say "Eat it where it lives..."

I mean, don't try to eat it in the middle of the swamp or the middle of the ocean, but you get the drift.

Anybody got a good Crawfish stuffed Lobster recipe?

I really don’t like lobster, and crawfish just aren’t my thing. Now tacos-good real tacos from my favorite carniceria are incredible. However, when this shelter in place gets done my friend is going to fix me up some genuine Oaxacan chapulines tacos. I’m very interested and kinda scared.

I thought this was a joke till I saw the "pole" results. I think I appreciate lobster more because it's a rare treat.

I agree that is a factor. After basically 35 years of getting crawfish whenever I wanted, the last 10 years have been limited access to the real thing. I get them, but only two or three times a year on average - and when it do it’s a more intense feeling than about the equal number of times I eat a lobster per year, which I totally enjoy.

But I get practically giddy for good crawfish. The sinuses all jacked up, the salty/sweet/spicy flavor, the beer, my head breaking out in a mild sweat . . . I want some right now.

I agree that is a factor. After basically 35 years of getting crawfish whenever I wanted, the last 10 years have been limited access to the real thing. I get them, but only two or three times a year on average - and when it do it’s a more intense feeling than about the equal number of times I eat a lobster per year, which I totally enjoy.

But I get practically giddy for good crawfish. The sinuses all jacked up, the salty/sweet/spicy flavor, the beer, my head breaking out in a mild sweat . . . I want some right now.

Yeah same here. I haven't had crawfish in a few years. I was thinking about going to one of the local annual boils, but last year I had a scheduling conflict, and this year isn't happening, so...meh. I don't have a good place to boil since I can't do it here at my condo. If I get to a point where I buy/rent a house, I'm gonna start doing my own annual boil and have the live crawfish shipped to me.

Yeah same here. I haven't had crawfish in a few years. I was thinking about going to one of the local annual boils, but last year I had a scheduling conflict, and this year isn't happening, so...meh. I don't have a good place to boil since I can't do it here at my condo. If I get to a point where I buy/rent a house, I'm gonna start doing my own annual boil and have the live crawfish shipped to me.

I’m in the same bind - the several events I usually get to for crawfish are late spring, cancelled.

I had to take matters into my own hands and get 20# shipped to me two weeks ago. Just four adults (the two ladies don’t eat all that many) and my 7 year old eating them so it was the right amount.

Always wanted a rig, I got an 80qt setup from Lowe’s that’s all I would ever need. First boil was a success, it’s surprisingly easy to get them overnight shipped. It was about $109 all-in shipping with seasoning - which seems crazy to me given that they’re flown from Shreveport to Raleigh to New Bern, NC and then put out on a van. Got them at 2pm and ate at 5. Gonna do it again.

Lobster is ok. but I'd much rather crawfish.
Lobster reminds me of Filet Mignon. way over priced and most people only like its because it's expensive. My dad was a butcher, so we got meat cheap and I never got the appeal of fm.
I tried to boil lobster along with my crawfish one time but It soaked zero spice. I let the second.one soak twice as long still hardly nada.

Funny story how I ended up with 2 lobsters. my wife was at a convention for work, there were some items that were donated for a silent auction. she bid on a lobster dinner for 2, thinking a gift card to somewhere. she won and was told they would mail it to her. fast forward a few weeks later, I get home from work and there is a Styrofoam box under the carport. I pick it up and I hear scratching.. (thinking to my self. WTH). I open it up and boom. 2 live lobster in the box with a piece of dry ice.. my wife definitely mis read that prize description.. lol

Maybe if you boiled the lobster in crab boil...
We went on vacation to Maine & my father in law brought some crab boil stuff on the trip to do just that. He got a fresh lobster for ridiculously cheap and boiled it like crawfish. Not surprisingly, it was not that good. It didn't pick up the flavor like a crawfish does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom