tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would you rather:

10 pounds of perfectly cooked, spicy boiled crawfish (fresh, Louisiana);

OR

A perfectly steamed 2-pound fresh Maine lobster with drawn butter?

Just the shellfish, no other accompaniment.

Only lobster I've eaten is whenever I went to Orlando to Boston Lobster Feast for all you can eat seafood n lobster. Back around 03, it was like $40 per adult. Anywho, that was our 2nd visit, I ate so much other stuff (oysters, stone crab) that for dessert I could only eat 3 lobsters...crawfish come seasoned, lobster needs garlic butter help...for price, crawfish all day...

You know why they dip lobster in butter? Because you have to to give it some taste. Maybe if you boiled the lobster in crab boil...

I’ve never had super fresh lobster. But fresh crawfish had beaten any lobster I’ve had.
it is a totally different experience having it where it is fresh.

to be honest, i like both in completely different ways. lobster is a sweeter meat than crawfish. it has it's own flavour unique to other crustaceans.

Best lobster I ever had was in Hong Kong. They brought it out to the table live and did a quick chop with a cleaver to make big chunks of the tail, then stir fried the chunks in a wok in broth tableside. But the bottom line is that they still needed the broth to give the meat some taste.

Have had fresh lobster on the docks in Maine and fresh in Nantucket and Boston.

I'll take the bugs over that anytime.

Now the lobster thermidor at Catch a Falling Star or the Westender in Negril is a whole nother story. But that's not the question asked.

Best lobster I ever had was in Hong Kong. They brought it out to the table live and did a quick chop with a cleaver to make big chunks of the tail, then stir fried the chunks in a wok in broth tableside. But the bottom line is that they still needed the broth to give the meat some taste.
honestly, crawfish boiled, only boiled, tastes like poop. at least a quality lobster needs only butter, though i like it with or without.

honestly, crawfish boiled, only boiled, tastes like poop. at least a quality lobster needs only butter, though i like it with or without.
to clarify, a crawfish boil, done right, is forking awesome.

a lobster literally needs to just be boiled.

going of just boiled, lobster > crawfish any day.

true cajun boiled crawfish forking owns it any day.

You know why they dip lobster in butter? Because you have to to give it some taste. Maybe if you boiled the lobster in crab boil...

I’d rather a lobster with no butter than crawfish with no boil - everyday and twice on Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom