Crazy but do you think (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Do you think Payton is calling plays for Reggie to go to the outside to set up defences for the second half of the year. Seems to me Payton came in using Reggie as a decoy what better way to use him this way by giving teams "bogus" film. It seams to me that if payton wanted to get reggie out of the habbit he would call nothing but off-tackle till reggie learns. I know its crazy but I think this is what Payton is doing.

I've been wondering that too. if Reggie's carries to the outside have been so dismal, why does Payton continue to call them?

After the preseason I thought we were in for a long year. Not becuase of wins/losses, but because of how badly our first units were performing. Maybe Payton deliberately told them to tank, at least the first unit?

Probibly crap theory but hell reggie made a living at usc with the cut back..its almost like payton told him not to do it.....I have thought this since about week 4 but the longer it goes on the more i accually believe it... i mean why show your cards when you dont have to.

Do you think Payton is calling plays for Reggie to go to the outside to set up defences for the second half of the year. Seems to me Payton came in using Reggie as a decoy what better way to use him this way by giving teams "bogus" film. It seams to me that if payton wanted to get reggie out of the habbit he would call nothing but off-tackle till reggie learns. I know its crazy but I think this is what Payton is doing.

I have been thinking that all year. I thought I was the only one. Could Payton be that devious to draw the defenses to a certain trend and then BAMM, Thank you Mamm!! Watch Reggie go!!! We can only hope.

no.

I think that reggie is just used to being able to just take any hand off and run to what ever hole he feels is best, and if its clogged, he was just so much faster than the talent he faced at the college level, he could just juke and out run them.

He has never had to cut back before and take lanes available on the inside.
He has missed multiple opportunities that I have seen to cut a play back to the inside, instead he is trying to beat everyone to the sideline. I am sure the coaching staff is aware of this and working to change it, but he has been doing it for so long it will be a hard habit to break.

Reggies best is yet to come but it will be more of "adjusting" to the pros, than changing playcalling.

Yes, That Is What Payton Is Doing, Set Up

Maybe something sort of like that. Maybe we will do the opposite play calling for Deuce and Reggie then we did the first half of the year. I.E. Deuce to the outside and Reggie up the middle. Just a theory, but I would like Reggie to get more rushing yards.

I couldn't imagine it would be deliberate but then again, think back to preseason. You can't tell me there wasn't a heck of a lot of sandbagging going on. We lose 3 games in a row, everyone VERY generously predicts us to go MAYBE 6-10 and then all of a sudden it starts clicking? Granted you're taking it easy on your starters but even when the starters were in, we looked to be in for a VERY long season. So sandbagging Reggie to throw everyone off? Tricky and not bloody likely, but maybe a kernel of truth to it?

How many times have you seen reggie run up the middle? 3-4

I thought the same thing too

Everytime he runs outside he gets stuffed and they lose yards

I do not think that he will get any more rushing yards until 3 things happen
1. the play calling changes to dives and off tackle from toss and sweep
2. He lines up behind the fullback, aka lead blocker. deuce is always behind Karney he is never the lone back.
3. Every team stops keying on him on every play when he is in the game

I hope the play calling was to set people up, but i dont think so

No one on the saints team cares about the rushing yards

The only thing that matters in the NFL is WINS and the saints have 6

I'll admit, if Reggie starts cutting the ball back and hitting the holes briskly, I'll wonder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom