Crazy downfield passing stat on Stafford vs. Brees (2 Viewers)

Sure. If you’d like to post how many Lions starters would’ve started over Saints starters during that time, lol.

Edit: oh, and which Lions coaches you’d rather have over Saints coaches.
You keep forgetting from our discussions on Winston threads that coaching and teammates don't matter at all. For shame. /s

You keep forgetting from our discussions on Winston threads that coaching and teammates don't matter at all. For shame. /s

LOL. Truth.

And btw, this isn’t saying that Stafford has been better than Brees since 2017. But like Winston, he would bring an element that has been sorely lacking and could take this offense to a different level.

I’d probably lean Stafford over Winston because of body of work and I also like that his release is quicker. But I’d be fine with SP keeping his assets and rolling with Jameis.

Courtesy of Underhill’s piece.

Throws of 25+ air yards since 2017:

-Stafford: 158 downfield throws in 56 games
-Brees: 75 downfield throws in 54 games

:oops:

And how many 5000 yard passing seasons ended up in Super bowl wins for Brees? Stats are just that stats. I don’t recall Stanford winning many meaningful games.

And how many 5000 yard passing seasons ended up in Super bowl wins for Brees? Status are just that stats. I don’t recall Stanford winning many meaningful games.

Again, supporting cast and infrastructure matter a lot.

And this post is more about what’s been missing from the offense for four years and will likely return once we have a QB who can throw the ball down the field.

I don’t think anyone is saying that Stanford is a better quarterback than Brees. I think the reference is to bringing back the downfield vertical offense used earlier in Brees career.

I agree completely that the offense was much more effective during those years.

I don’t think anyone is saying that Stanford is a better quarterback than Brees. I think the reference is to bringing back the downfield vertical offense used earlier in Brees career.

I agree completely that the offense was much more effective during those years.

Exactly. Thanks for clarifying.

I do no want to give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick (which it will possibly take) for this guy when we're already losing talented players due to cap concerns.

I don’t think we will lose many players because of the cap. Hendrickson is probably the most likely. And if he goes, we will have a 3rd 3rd round pick next year.

We also have four picks in the first three rounds this year.

Tampa last year was almost the same team as this year apart from Brady, brown, gronk, LF, whirfs. But he’s talking record not performance. So Stafford never threw 30 picks in a season. I think he threw 20 as a rookie. Staffords 5k season he was at 41td 16int where Jameis was 33td 30int with better receivers.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Matt Stafford. He's always had a golden arm, my concern is just that he might be damaged goods at this point, mentally from all the losing and physically from all the beatings he's taken. I'd be curious to know what Payton thinks, though, and if this has a shot or if Underhill is just speculating.

For what it's worth, I happened to catch a few minutes of sports radio this morning (Denver market), and they were talking about wanting to bring Stafford to the Broncos and what that might take to pull off. They claimed to have some inside information that the Colts might be in the lead to land him, but I have no idea how credible that is.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Matt Stafford. He's always had a golden arm, my concern is just that he might be damaged goods at this point, mentally from all the losing and physically from all the beatings he's taken. I'd be curious to know what Payton thinks, though, and if this has a shot or if Underhill is just speculating.

For what it's worth, I happened to catch a few minutes of sports radio this morning (Denver market), and they were talking about wanting to bring Stafford to the Broncos and what that might take to pull off. They claimed to have some inside information that the Colts might be in the lead to land him, but I have no idea how credible that is.

Yeah, and if a team like Denver wants him and is willing to give up the 9th pick to get him, it’s probably a wrap. The Lions already have the 7th pick and they could conceivably combine some picks to get whichever QB they wanted to after Lawrence (unless the Jets fall in love with one).

UNLESS Stafford tells a team like Denver he doesn’t want to go there. He will have some leverage here. That’s where SP would need to go into recruiting mode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom