Crazy downfield passing stat on Stafford vs. Brees (2 Viewers)

So the only things changed were the GOAT at QB, an actual run game, a HOF tight end who's still a great inline blocker, a WR who despite being a headcase is a real threat, and a right tackle with an 82.2 grade at PFF who gave up a single sack this season. (just busting your chops, Greg ;) )

I'll trust Sean with whoever he decides to go with. But Stafford does have a quick release and a cannon of an arm. Winston has a slower release, but hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

Well the QB upgrade is kind of the point. They wouldn’t be in the super bowl with Jameis. Antonio Brown wasn’t on the team the entire season and didn’t play yesterday. Gronk isn’t a hall of fame tight end anymore. Winston’s 30 ints are what got them the right tackle.

They also have a run game this season and Gronk is still an impactful blocker, which, if you notice, their offense improved dramatically when they ran max protect and were able to keep Brady upright. All I'm saying is we haven't seen the best of Jameis.

So the only things changed were the GOAT at QB, an actual run game, a HOF tight end who's still a great inline blocker, a WR who despite being a headcase is a real threat, and a right tackle with an 82.2 grade at PFF who gave up a single sack this season. (just busting your chops, Greg ;) )

I'll trust Sean with whoever he decides to go with. But Stafford does have a quick release and a cannon of an arm. Winston has a slower release, but hasn't reached his ceiling yet.
And to this point, Winston has showed a lack of maturity and has never been a leader.

They also have a run game this season and Gronk is still an impactful blocker, which, if you notice, their offense improved dramatically when they ran max protect and were able to keep Brady upright. All I'm saying is we haven't seen the best of Jameis.

1521 team rushing yards last year, 15 tds. 1519 team rushing yards this year 16 tds.

No, not a lot. We'll restructure many. Will we lose some, sure.

Hopefully, the NFL will help mitigate the cap issues caused by CV19.

Even so, our financial position is relative to other teams and would remain abysmal.

In the bidding to keep the players we want, most teams will have more coin than we do.

I haven't read every response but does anyone think this could have something to do with the amount of time the Lions spend down by double digits vs. the Saints being up by double digits??

I haven't read every response but does anyone think this could have something to do with the amount of time the Lions spend down by double digits vs. the Saints being up by double digits??

Sure. But combine it with the visual evidence of Stafford effortlessly throwing dimes 30-40 yards away and Brees’ deterioration and it’s just another piece of evidence of what this offense could be.

Certainly he (Winston) had plenty enough talent around him. I am not sold on Winston, nor Hill.

The bottom line is that having a deep ball game will certainly make whatever we are currently doing more effective. Our offense was nearly unstoppable with the long ball.

---

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom