Crazy Idea (1 Viewer)

I was actually saying that the falcons give us their 2nd round pick and D Hall in exchange for fixing their cap problem. This would still probably be a cheaper option than signing Asante Samuel.

I was actually saying that the falcons give us their 2nd round pick and D Hall in exchange for fixing their cap problem. This would still probably be a cheaper option than signing Asante Samuel.

Oh I stand corrected, just re read that. But I still don't like the deal. Thats thier bed let them lie in it, I would rather go in the season with our usual 10 mil under the cap then save Atlanta from themselves. Vick is actually owed alot less than you have he only has 4 years left on his deal and his signing bonus yet to be absorbed is around 16 mil. But even still lets let Atlanta absorb that, it was after all thier own mistake which landed them where they are. I would rather just trade for Hall straight up if we really want him. Why save a division rival, I perfer them be in salary cap hell.

Also Hall wants out, so they are probably looking to deal him anyways, we help them on all fronts for a guy they are probably gonna trade sometime in the near future anyways. No point in handicapping ourselves in the process. You lost me at Mike Vick.

Any trade deal dealing with Atlanta, unless its for a second tier player, is not going to happen.

WOW, you kinda just brushed upon it like its an after thought, absorb the 15 mil.... ya know then move on.... absorbe the 15 mil!!!!!! thats 80 percent of our cap this year

Not that I am promoting this as a great idea, but he didn't say this very well, but it would be 7.5 Mil this year and 7.5 Mil next year. Not 15 Mil this year unless we wanted to prepay. :)

Just FYI our cap for the year is actually closer to 30 mil or higher if we cut Deuce. I'm just throwing options out there since we got screwed for this year with franchise tags. What else do we have to do until the combine coverage starts:p

I'm just throwing options out there since we got screwed for this year with franchise tags. What else do we have to do until the combine coverage starts:p

Not waste bandwidth with insane pie in the sky proposals that will never take place. Honestly I don't even think you could pull of this nonsense with the computer in Madden.

How exactly would this fix their cap problem? They are on the hook for his bonus. This isnt the NBA.

D-Hall is not worth a 15 million dollar cap hit, even with a 2nd rounder thrown in. And thats assuming this could even work which I don't think it would. Then we'd have to absorb Hall's cap hit also after trading for him since his current contract would be valid.

We'd pretty much use our entire cap this year, before we evened signed our draft picks, just to get Hall. :shrug:

Why oh why did I click on this thread?

I asked myself the same question, when I peekd at the thread topic... I was just trying to figure out how it got to 2 pages... Oh, wait now I see.

But since Demented is so anxious to burn the Saints cap money, how about using the cash to pay people like Marques Colston and Will Smith as opposed to flushing it down the toilet on someone like Vick?

As much as I don't buy the "have to have a good character guy" hype 100% because I feel that has a lot to do with said player's circumstances on given team (Randy Moss) and there is a world of difference in muturity between 22 - 28, I absolutely loathe Hall. I think he is up there with the Pacman's of the world. Sure he don't get into as many off-the-field situations as Mr. Jones, but his on the field antics are for worse. If the phrase "cancer for a team" holds any weight, it's definition should be DeAngelo Hall. No way I want him here. I'd rather go 8-8 with Jason David than to have that idiot represent our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom