Crazy Job Application Screening Question (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m looking to move on from my current work/role, so i’ve been applying and interviewing for new jobs recently .. Today i submitted my resume online, and as part of the application process, they had a few ‘screening questions’.. i’ve seen these before, a lot of times they’ll say something along the lines of ‘Describe why you’d be a good fit with our company ‘ or ‘Tell us about a challenging situation blah blah’... But this time, it said ‘Write an original poem describing your most recent position’.. Seriously. Has anyone encountered anything like this when applying for a job?

ETA: The job is in Medical/Healthcare sales, nothing to do with poetry...

ETA II: I took about 3 minutes, and this is what i came up with, and submitted with the application.. I never claimed to be a poet, lol:

What can I say
Today was the day
I sealed the deal
And we had a great meal

I gave all I had
Guess I didn’t do bad
I love what I do
Could I do it for you?

i'd LOVE to have some weird question like that on an application, instead of the ol 'can you just restate everything that's in your resume'

there probably not looking for a poet, jut someone who won't get rattled by a 'left field' problem and will take it seriously

Totally.

I’ve definitely had some out of left field stuff asked in interviews before, but hardly ever in an online screening.. and yeah, i think a lot of people would have seen that question, said frick this and moved onto the next job posting.. so i think just answering at all is probably a net positive.. plus maybe my Longfellow will impress them. ?

Was it Dez Bryant that was asked if his mother was a prostitute?

I would have loved to seen the look on his face.

Was it Dez Bryant that was asked if his mother was a prostitute?

I would have loved to see the look on his face.

At my job interview they said my mother was a hamster and my father smelt of elderberries.

It was a French company.

I don't use them in screener questions, but I most definitely ask them in interviews. My favorite one...

"If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would you be and why?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom