Crazy LSU fans (1 Viewer)

I would also note that in the picture they seem to be directing the gloating to specific individuals and not the entire OSU group. Based upon what I see in that picture, those fans are giving a little bit of it back.

I would also note that in the picture they seem to be directing the gloating to specific individuals and not the entire OSU group. Based upon what I see in that picture, those fans are giving a little bit of it back.

From jott's posts, I get the impression that OSU fans are above trash talking and were probably choir boys and girls the whole game. So, you're last sentence can't possibly be true.

Fair enough. As long as we can assume an excuse (OSU must have been doing it too) and as long as it's not wishing physical harm to opposing fans, then that's tiger grace and dignity. I can understand that.

From jott's posts, I get the impression that OSU fans are above trash talking and were probably choir boys and girls the whole game. So, you're last sentence can't possibly be true.

Tiger fans like to make a lot of assumptions.

I would have done the same.

I would like to see how they get the paper out so fast. That would be a fun thing to watch.

All grace and dignity...

This wasn't a Polo match and it's not the Ivy league, jott. It was the national championship game between the Big 10 champs and the SEC champs. What do you expect? For everyone to gather at mid field for tea after the game is over? Grace and dignity have their place. But after sitting in the middle of thousands of Buckeye fans and have been enduring their taunts the whole evening, that is not one of those times.

Plus we all know that Longhorn fans whould never do such a thing. They just sit quietly while sitting on their hands watching the game. They would never so much as say a word to an opposing fan exspecially someone wearing maroon and white or crimson and cream.

Yep those Big 12 guys are the definition of respect and dignity

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296466,00.html

Fair enough. As long as we can assume an excuse (OSU must have been doing it too) and as long as it's not wishing physical harm to opposing fans, then that's <S>tiger</S> sports fan grace and dignity. I can understand that.

People never cease to amaze me with their righteous indignation.

Saints Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Falcons fans!

Texas Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Sooner fans!

Cubs Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Cardinals fans!

Lakers Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Clippers fans!

Alabama Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Auburn fans!

Michigan Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Buckeye fans!

Broncos Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Raiders fans!

Red Sox Fan said:
Our fans are the best, and other teams' fans are classless jerks! Especially Yankees fans!

And on and on. And very few of them will ever acknowledge that it's all the same. Nope, no way. We > all and EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO DARES WEAR THE LOGO of [insert other team here] is a classless jerk.

The baseless, but incessant claims of righteousness make me want to puke. People suck.

I read a post by one of the guys in the picture in on another forum. Tiger Droppings to be precise. The guy said that the TV people at the game wanted a shot of LSU fans holding up the paper and acting crazy. So, they gave them the papers and asked them to go wild. They were not taunting the OSU fans, in fact, they had made friends with them during the game. If you look closely the LSU fans are not looking at the OSU people, they are looking at the TV camera which was to their right.

I read a post by one of the guys in the picture in on another forum. Tiger Droppings to be precise. The guy said that the TV people at the game wanted a shot of LSU fans holding up the paper and acting crazy. So, they gave them the papers and asked them to go wild. They were not taunting the OSU fans, in fact, they had made friends with them during the game. If you look closely the LSU fans are not looking at the OSU people, they are looking at the TV camera which was to their right.

LOL. I was wrong. Thanks for the info.

Still, it makes a good "pwned" picture.

LOL. I was wrong. Thanks for the info.

Still, it makes a good "pwned" picture.

No doubt. And, as CLAMO pointed out in part, I'm sure there were LSU fans who obnoxiously taunted OSU fans. And, I'm sure if it had ended up the other way around, OSU fans would have done the same thing. All teams have their share of obnoxious fans.

Heck, with a fifth of Bourbon in me in Tiger Stadium I'm sure I've been one of them.:hihi:

from Tigerdroppings:

Since I'm one of the LSU fans in the pic, I guess I'll register to respond.

We were sitting in section 155, row 9 (which is really the first row...go figure). This was an endzone section, populated by Ohio State fans mostly. As you got closer to the top of the section, it started to fill in with LSU fans but in our area, we were 3 of only 4 LSU fans for about 8 rows.

With about two minutes left (and LSU up by 3 TDs), some guy on the field with the photographers was passing out those freshly printed papers with "LSU #1" to any LSU fans he could see. When he got to our area, he gave us each a copy and, since we were the only LSU fans surrounded by Ohio State fans in that area, I guess he figured it would look good on camera and he walked over to one of the TV guys and asked him to shoot us. Since it was for TV (I don't know if it was live or being taped for a later show), he wanted us to do the whole screaming, holding up the finger deal. The camera was to our right, which is where we were looking.

Now, the game is wrapping up at this point and the Buckeyes are still driving for a late score. We didn't want to lean over the side too much and block those guys to our right watching their team try to score so we kind of held back and just turned to our right and did our bit. That's why in that photo it kind of looks like we're looking right at those two guys.

Speaking of the photo, notice we're not looking at the camera. That's because we're looking at the TV camera and we're totally unaware that we're being photographed from another angle. We didn't realize that until someone told us we were on the MSNBC website.

Now I'll admit our faces look pretty stupid but, in our defense, we're not "posing" for a picture (which we didn't even know was being taken)...we're acting for a TV camera (by request, I will once again add).

And, to clear one final thing up, while we heard a lot of trash talking in the upper rows of the section when OSU went up 10-0 (mocking SEC "team speed", if I remember), all of those fans around us, including those two guys in the picture, were totally cool and we all had a good time together and wished each other a safe trip home and complemented each other's teams, etc. No bad feelings on either side.

We even take a picture with Buckeye Guy (one of their "superfans") and I bought him a beer!

Hope that clears things up (if anything even needed to be cleared up).

Game Over. thanks for playing buh bye

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom