crazy man's opinion on what the Saints need to get back to the SB (1 Viewer)

Peat has been a disappointment at times, but he’s still young and about to hit his peak. He offers value as a swing tackle. They need to find a Hooman-type blocking TE. We need a dominating run game to win the SB.

Peat has been a disappointment at times, but he’s still young and about to hit his peak. He offers value as a swing tackle. They need to find a Hooman-type blocking TE. We need a dominating run game to win the SB.

He isn't worth the 8+ million a year. When he got injured and Nick Easton replaced him due to injury, you didn't see any drop-off in that position

Anybody consider we've had a good enough team to win the Super Bowl the last 3 years?

How about Payton and Allen do a much better job in the playoffs?

I don't remember much of the 2017 Minny game except a furious 4th quarter comeback and Diggs nightmare catch.

But it does seem to me that this team lacks a little confidence in the playoffs. We have not started really well in the 1st half in any the last 3-years. This year, it looked like a choke. I wonder if Brees is putting so much pressure on himself to get that 2nd ring that he comes out tight. Some of it could be coaching, but I'd like to see us come out fired up in playoff games even if it takes some trick plays early.

I'm good with Warford. I'd even extend him this offseason. I don't think he'll break the bank and he's solid. That would ultimately save some cap room this year and fill that position for a few years.

The other guard spot is a question mark. Peat is most likely gone. The exception is that he takes a real cheap deal. I think Easton is a starting guard in the league but on the low end. I see him as a horizontal move from Peat. Less upside but more consistent. He may be better than I hope though.

I could see us rolling with Easton but would be happy to see a quality guard brought in there.

I've been thinking that's where we'd go in the first round. OG. If not OG, then CB. You can usually find a decent QB towards the end of the first round, but there will almost always be a really good guard there. Guards usually start coming off the board after the top tier tackles are gone. Luckily, we have 2 all-star Tackles.

Two guards as good as Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks were. We should go after Joe Thuney in FA. I don't think the D is that far off. I've rooted for Peat but he seems to disappear when we need him the most.

I agree

I think Thuney should be one our top Priorities coming into the offseason.

That one acquisition could make a lot of difference

If your crazy then I am a loon also. If Drew is the QB then OG becomes one of the most important positions on the field. He has a tough time with pressure right up the middle and everybody knows it. I think the Saints have definitely had a good enough team the last 3 years to go to the Super Bowl. So many things have to go just right to actually get in. Straight up, it takes some luck. The ball needs to bounce your way a few times, a lucky catch here and there, usually some kind of crazy comeback where we should have lost, a missed field goal by the opponent or us making an unlikely FG. All those things or at least some of them have to happen to get there. I’m sure we could keep naming more and more but the point is made. Hopefully we get the bounces this year because the sun don’t shine on the same dogs arse all the time!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom