crazy man's opinion on what the Saints need to get back to the SB (1 Viewer)

Honestly, St. Kamara, the only year of the 3 I thought the Saints should win the SB is 2018.

i have opinions on our playcalling in the Vikes game, but want to keep this thread on track of discussing if you think the guards we have are strong enough for the QB we have.
They are weak spot on the line (although, I wouldn't mine upgrading Armstead's backup), most people recognize that. We need to fill a lot of positions and Peat is probably gone. Payton also has adjust his play calling at certain times.

Two guards as good as Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks were. We should go after Joe Thuney in FA. I don't think the D is that far off. I've rooted for Peat but he seems to disappear when we need him the most.

Upgrading the O Line is never a bad idea. Peat's career has been so up and down and it would be great to have more consistency at that Guard spot.

Not crazy... Warford has been a "solid-but-not-great" addition to the team... and while he's played well at times... An upgrade there would not be out of the question (although for the right $$$, I would certainly keep him).... Peat, on the other hand... Has been both a talent liability and an injury liability for a while now... lots of people won't admit that since he was a 1st round pick... and there is also some odd myth that even though he's not a very good OG... he offers value as a swing OT.... *scratches head*

In any case... not crazy at all... IMO, our 2 biggest needs are OG and WR on offense... and there is no close 3rd.

I have heard many say we need two new guards but that's fantasy. On the reality side, we have Warford under contract and he isn't going anywhere. Scratch one of those guards. I do agree Peat can be upgraded and will be cut. We cannot have pass protection break downs like he is having if Brees is still under center. It is the internal line breakdowns that killed us and Minnesota and Atl both put the blueprint out there how to blow up this line. So we will see some change there, Warford wasn't fully healthy towards mid and end of season so I'm not worried about him. More of a pass protecting LG will be signed to replace Peat

extend RR and Latt before addressing this position in free agency. Just my belief.
We really don't have to address them for another two years since they both have 5th year options. And those 4th and 5th year salaries aren't chump change either. I see us extending them before their fifth year option, not this off-season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom