Crazy thought through 5 weeks (Non Saints related) (1 Viewer)

Yes I agree. But despite Mahomes struggle I still want him on my team above all. He has what we been having for the past 15 years with Brees. A quarterback that you know that gives you hope each and every game.

He can't do it all if he doesn't have a good line protecting him and his defense stinks as was proven in the SB against the Bucs. I still can't believe with all that talent on offense they couldn't put up a better fight in the SB.

What was the scheme against them? i cant remember
Basically pin and contain the edges on defense instead of crash the edge rushing.

Forced him to stay in the pocket and not do his crazy improv plays. We had a few plays where he went to roll out and could only run straight back and took huge losses.

Then you double/bracket Kelce and Hill. Even with all that they still broke free and had some huge plays agains let us. But since then other teams have built off our gameplan and pretty much clamped it.

ATL did it the week after and almost beat them too.

Edit - big thing was also only having one LB and daring them to run it, which they couldn't and still can't do.

Herbert for me.
Yep! I became a big Herbert last year. It happened in the Chargers/ KC game at KC. For a rook, in that environment, man, he balled OUT!!! He was killin KC for 3 quarters!

But he made one BAD decision. I don’t remember the down, but he was under pressure n scrambled outta the pocket. He could’ve easily run for the first down along the left sideline, n more. But he chose to throw the ball across his body, n it got picked! 😞

Still, I came away very impressed with his performance!!!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

He can't do it all if he doesn't have a good line protecting him and his defense stinks as was proven in the SB against the Bucs. I still can't believe with all that talent on offense they couldn't put up a better fight in the SB.
Yep, that’s cause they’re hot garbage right now!

😷😂😷😂😷

They are LAST in scoring D at a lil over 32 ppg, n second to last in yardage at 437 ypg!

What was the scheme against them? i cant remember
Two deep shell double covering Kelce and Hill. Pressure Mahomes with the front 4, no blitzing keeping him in the pocket as much as possible. Shut down the run game on 1st and 2nd down. Force Mahomes to beat you without his two top options and limit explosive plays down the field.

It's a tough ask. But teams that can pull it off forces KC to make long drives and opens up the possibility of more mistakes.

SFIAH

I understand. But Mahomes for the past few years has prove to me that no matter the talent or lack there of on offense or defense, there the feeling that he will give you a chance. That's how I feel about Brees.

Two deep shell double covering Kelce and Hill. Pressure Mahomes with the front 4, no blitzing keeping him in the pocket as much as possible. Shut down the run game on 1st and 2nd down. Force Mahomes to beat you without his two top options and limit explosive plays down the field.

It's a tough ask. But teams that can pull it off forces KC to make long drives and opens up the possibility of more mistakes.

SFIAH
Yep. During the highlights, they pointed out how the Bills were able to get consistent pressure on him with a only four man rush!

I would take Mahomes as my QB without a single thought….same thing is happening to him what happens to us. BAD DEFENSE….plus teams are figuring out the KC offense. My friend was at that game Sunday when they lost, lol 😂. Fans are delusional, they think Mahomes by himself can win it all but that defense is historically bad and that means it’s worse than our worst defense ! So I’m happy about that !

I would take Mahomes as my QB without a single thought….same thing is happening to him what happens to us. BAD DEFENSE….plus teams are figuring out the KC offense. My friend was at that game Sunday when they lost, lol 😂. Fans are delusional, they think Mahomes by himself can win it all but that defense is historically bad and that means it’s worse than our worst defense ! So I’m happy about that !
I think the lack of run game is also impacting the offense. That said its the defense more than whatever shortcomings the offense may have thats killing the Chiefs.

If you give me a choice of QB as a franchise. Taking Mahomes everytime, hes young and a proven winner. Second, would be Herbert. Third, Burrow. The AFC is stacked with young talented QBs

KC"s Defense is the main reason they've lost their games. The Offense is just having to play catch-up which puts Mahomes in back situations. If I were a GM and could pick any QB to run my team today it would be:
1. Josh Allen
2. Mahomes
3. Herbert

Living near Philly for all my life and watching more than my fair share of Eagles games over the years, I can tell you that Andy Reid is TURRIBLE at making adjustments. Whether it's in game or in season or whatever. He just sticks with what he knows has worked even if it's not working. That was one of the biggest frustrations (along with lack of clock management) with Eagles fans during his tenure.

So it's no surprise that once the league figured out what they needed to do, Andy is slow...perhaps very slow....to come up with something new or different.

I was having a discussion with one of our sons this weekend and we both came to the same conclusion. Based on current play through 5 weeks of the season, Patrick Mahomes is no better than 4th in the AFC as a QB. That's pretty crazy considering he's basically set the bar at the position the last several years.

But as I gave it more thought, I realized he may not even be in the top 10 overall. This is purely in terms of leading their team, not necessarily stats specifically.

As of today, I'd argue all of the QBs below are playing better than Mahomes is right now:

Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Lamar Jackson
Dak Prescott
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford

You could possibly even argue for Baker Mayfield and Joe Burrow in that group as well.

Crazy.
Rogers, Brady and Stafford are the last of the old breed. They're also showing us why the old fashioned pocket passer QB will never disappear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom