Creator of D&D fails saving throw vs. death (1 Viewer)

Damn. I had the original four D&D books, first editions (Player's Handbook, DMs Guide, Monster Manual, Deities and Demigods) until I lost them in Katrina.

Bummer.

Good thread title. I always enjoyed the game. RIP.

So sad, I remember starting the game in 1978, haven't looked back since.

Damn. I had the original four D&D books, first editions (Player's Handbook, DMs Guide, Monster Manual, Deities and Demigods) until I lost them in Katrina.

Bummer.

I had three of the four books. I played a while in school, but people began to take on their character a bit too seriously and I couldn't take it anymore.

Ouch ..Gygax ushered in a new meaning or maybe the only meaning of the geek/nerd era. It's ashame you lost those originals in the flood they were worth a pretty good bit of money. I wonder if the World of Warcraft arena will me mourning tonight? Probably so.

I had three of the four books. I played a while in school, but people began to take on their character a bit too seriously and I couldn't take it anymore.

I was pretty lucky to find buddies more interested in the hanging out and drinking beer part than actually playing the game. I don't think I would have enjoyed it if anyone took it seriously.

Here's to Gygax rolling natural twenties on the big coffee table in the sky.

I was pretty lucky to find buddies more interested in the hanging out and drinking beer part than actually playing the game. I don't think I would have enjoyed it if anyone took it seriously.

Is this where I'm supposed to link the Summoner Easter Egg video?

Damn, RiP

I was a serious D&D nerd from about 8-14 or so.

Played from about 18 to 21 then just quit.

I just finished rereading some of the old dragonlance series again too.

I agree with Sandman, good thread title.

Good thread title. I always enjoyed the game. RIP.

nerd-46422.jpg

Sync Magazine named Gary Gygax #1 on the list of "The 50 Biggest Nerds of All Time". Awesome.

I'll take your word for it. I don't understand the thread title. :dunno:
:covri:

You're not one of US™ apparently.

(in D&D when you are attacked or some event, usually bad, happens, you have to the roll the die and make a "saving throw" -- if you roll high enough, you "passed" the saving throw and were not affected by the event.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom