Cricket breeding question (1 Viewer)

emmamark

Very Banned
Reaction score
So I'm new to chameleons and everything involved I'm trying to breed crickets to save on food costs been keeping an 80-watt ceramic bulb above them to keep them around 80 to 90° since winter is close and I heat with wood entirely it has become harder to maintain the temps needed but I've ordered stuff to fix that but in the process, I've had babies hatch in the adult bin and noticed that the adults are not eating them so I'm wondering if I could just use a single bin to breed and raise crickets has anyone else had experience doing this. Because it's a pain to feed two separate containers and would be much easier to keep just one? Any help in this matter would be very appreciated

So I'm new to chameleons and everything involved I'm trying to breed crickets to save on food costs been keeping an 80-watt ceramic bulb above them to keep them around 80 to 90° since winter is close and I heat with wood entirely it has become harder to maintain the temps needed but I've ordered stuff to fix that but in the process, I've had babies hatch in the adult bin and noticed that the adults are not eating them so Online Cricket Streaming I'm wondering if I could just use a single bin to breed and raise crickets has anyone else had experience doing this. Because it's a pain to feed two separate containers and would be much easier to keep just one? Any help in this matter would be very appreciated
no response.

I have nothing to add to the discussion except that it's the most interesting post to the Gameday Board ever!

Is this in your house? Do the crickets chirp at night keeping you up? and I love how "Online Cricket Streaming" somehow injected itself into your reply to your post.

So I'm new to chameleons and everything involved I'm trying to breed crickets to save on food costs been keeping an 80-watt ceramic bulb above them to keep them around 80 to 90° since winter is close and I heat with wood entirely it has become harder to maintain the temps needed but I've ordered stuff to fix that but in the process, I've had babies hatch in the adult bin and noticed that the adults are not eating them so I'm wondering if I could just use a single bin to breed and raise crickets has anyone else had experience doing this. Because it's a pain to feed two separate containers and would be much easier to keep just one? Any help in this matter would be very appreciated
We looked into this once upon a time when a friend had a bearded dragon. IIRC if you keep them in the same container fewer survive until maturity (I don't recall why) Maybe experiment with a generation and see.

Are you gut loading them?

It seems like there was multiple configuration options and maturing newly hatched in the same container as the breeding crickets was one I think.

A mod would have to move this thread for better traction with this community to the EE board. Though you got my interest as years ago, my son used to have a bearded dragon. I googled "reddit crickets" and found the following, looks like Dubia roaches is your solution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom