Crisis On Infinite Earths (CW crossover) (1 Viewer)

Finally got to sit down and watch the last two parts. As with the rest of the episodes, I enjoyed these. It was a good chance to just kinda "turn off" and enjoy the ride. Good, mindless fun.

My favorites:

Kingdom Come Superman at the end with the yellow symbol. And the movie Flash cameo was MAGNIFICENT. My son and I just sat there with our mouths wide open. After the scene finished, I immediately hit the rewind button and we watched it again. Not only was it a major surprise, it was just a fun scene.

Considering that's what the original Crisis was meant to do, I'd say mission accomplished.

I know it's a technicality, but the purpose of the comic was to explain inconsistencies in continuity in the DC comics and create a single continuity. This was done, it seems, to get active characters in a position where they can interact more often.

I thought of another issue but then right after that I thought of how it could still make sense. When that movie cameo happened it was after the multiverse was wiped out so how was he able to do it? My theory that fixes that is that since the speed force was still around it must transcend time so when the cameo happened he was from the time of when the multiverse still existed. If not then they are saying there are multiple multiverses which doesn't make sense.

I thought of another issue but then right after that I thought of how it could still make sense. When that movie cameo happened it was after the multiverse was wiped out so how was he able to do it? My theory that fixes that is that since the speed force was still around it must transcend time so when the cameo happened he was from the time of when the multiverse still existed. If not then they are saying there are multiple multiverses which doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I thought it was a speed force related thing. Normal rules don't apply when the speed force is in play.

I also wasn't very impressed. The story was just too big for the budget and characters. My favorite part was the various cameos, but just about everything else I got bored with and grabbed my iPad to entertain myself.

Honestly, it almost felt like an excuse to merge the various CW worlds together (Supergirl and BL to Earth Prime).

EXACTLY what it was. For something as big as was meant to be, it didn't keep me as engaged as past crossovers. Probably for that reason, the story felt very disjointed. It also didn't help that there was a month between the first 3 episodes and the conclusion.

I'm not going to spoiler tag anything here, but there are spoilers so continue at your own risk:

The break definitely hurt my interest. But disjointed is the right word to describe it. And there are just some story beats I don't get. You go to all the trouble of introducing the Routh/Donner/Kingdom Come Superman (Whatever you want to call him) only to write him out immediately and replace him with their campy Lex Luthor. You have Oliver die early in the story only to bring him back and have him die again in what's supposed to be this major moment of sacrifice but we, as the audience, have already come to terms with the fact that he's dead, so...ok, I guess? And beyond that, if someone has no idea who The Spectre is or Jim Corrigan is, I can't imagine any of that really making a great deal of sense based on how it was presented. Why should the atom-verse be able to contain the Anti-Monitor, a being we've literally seen manipulate his own size and density, among many other multiverse level feats?

I liked the setup of establishing a Justice League/Superfriends in the last episode. But everything beyond that just left me cold. It just seemed poorly planned out, with tons of ultimately meaningless fanservicy cameos that went nowhere and a story that didn't make a whole lot of sense. In general I've liked the past crossovers, but this was just a misfire for me.

I agree that the break wasn't the best of ideas. They should have gone straight through with all episodes either before or after the one month hiatus. The fact that it was such a massive undertaking to fit everything into 5 episodes didn't help things either. I said earlier in the thread that this is something they could have done over the course of an entire season. How awesome would that have been? A single Crisis season. Maybe not a full 23 episode season like the rest, but a 12 episode arc (like the old comic runs). They could have really fleshed some things out and given more attention to the "little" moments. It might have made getting all these cameo actors together a bit easier to where they could have done more......I'm looking at you Smallville. So while I highly enjoyed this Crisis, I think that it could have been so much more.

I binged it over the weekend

It was my first time watching any of the arrowverse shows and it's been ages since I've read the original crisis comic

Overall I liked it, I agree that it felt a bit cramped and could have done with a few extra episodes to stretch things out a bit

I loved all the easter eggs hidden throughout the series - I really enjoyed the superfriends shout out at the end but wished it ended with the three starbursts like the they had in the show (Nitpick - Reporter Knox obviously a callback to Tim Burton' s Batman, reading a newspaper about how Batman captured the Joker, who was tossed off a building at the end of Batman 89)

Interesting take on Lex Luthor - miles better than Batman v Superman's version but I'm not sure how i felt about it. I actually wished they had Clancy Brown (who did a fantastic job with the character in the animated Superman show), 2 different lex's would have been intriguing

I didn't realize that Brandon Routh was already a part of the arrowverse. Even though the movie wasn't great I had forgotten how good an impression of Christopher Reeve he can do (especially Clark Kent)

(Nitpick 2 - caught the reference to Superman 3 which technically never happened as Superman Returns just ignored it)

(Opposing my own previous nitpick I was waiting for Routh's Superman to see Cryer's Lex and say something like "Lex Luthor? You look just his nephew")

I wasn't expecting Ezra's Flash to make an appearance which I thought was great

I was expecting more screen time from Kevin Conroy's Batman, and didn't like the bad batman angle

I did think that the last episode was the weakest of the 5 parts

Overall I'd say I enjoyed it

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom