Crisis On Infinite Earths (CW crossover) (1 Viewer)

Put me in the column that did NOT like part two...

Kate has to kill Bruce to become the one true Bat? Really? This bending over backwards to make Batwoman relevant is starting to sicken me.

Smallville Clark just gave up his powers? Really? Did he have a red kryptonite chamber hidden somewhere? Come on.

John Cryer Lex is just bad. And they brought him back for what reason, really?

Why the hell do you kill Oliver only to bring him back for the second episode? Really? Why the hell do you bring all these "heroes" in just for them to die or to say "no thanks", then die anyway?

Part one was really good. Part two has totally turned me off.
I won't get into specifics yet, but I didn't care for part 2 either. Part 3, however, I really liked.

Kate has to kill Bruce to become the one true Bat? Really? This bending over backwards to make Batwoman relevant is starting to sicken me.

Smallville Clark just gave up his powers? Really? Did he have a red kryptonite chamber hidden somewhere? Come on.

Why the hell do you kill Oliver only to bring him back for the second episode? Really? Why the hell do you bring all these "heroes" in just for them to die or to say "no thanks", then die anyway?

I'll probably rewatch all 3 parts this weekend, but the more I digest it, the more I agree with all you said.

Re: Oliver. Wait until you watch part 3 before passing judgment on that.

She didn't HAVE to kill him, she was seeing a potential future for herself that she then has rejected. I didn't like Smallville giving up his powers but all he needs is gold kryptonite to get rid of his powers forever. They even had a gold krypto ring in the finale to Smallville so this isn't far fetched in the slightest. I like Lex and from the aftershow they're saying he's the most comic accurate Lex but I'll have to take their word for that. You should've seen Oliver coming back happening seeing as how stupidly easy it was for him to shoot the Monitor with an arrow that actually effected him.

Re: Oliver. Wait until you watch part 3 before passing judgment on that.

Pretty much. But I do agree with some of the other points. The main reason I liked it was the Legends comic relief, lol. Really glad they have the Legends as part of the crossover. Rory is still funny af. His reading the book was awesome. 2 and 3 are tied together, so it's hard to fully judge 2 until after seeing 3.

She didn't HAVE to kill him, she was seeing a potential future for herself that she then has rejected. I didn't like Smallville giving up his powers but all he needs is gold kryptonite to get rid of his powers forever. They even had a gold krypto ring in the finale to Smallville so this isn't far fetched in the slightest. I like Lex and from the aftershow they're saying he's the most comic accurate Lex but I'll have to take their word for that. You should've seen Oliver coming back happening seeing as how stupidly easy it was for him to shoot the Monitor with an arrow that actually effected him.

I wouldn't really say he's a comics accurate Lex at all. Maybe if you're talking whacky mad scientist Lex from the Silver Age, but the definitive noncomics take on Lex is still Clancy Brown's from Superman: TAS and Justice League and Cryer is nowhere near that. Of course, neither were Gene Hackman, Kevin Spacey, or Jesse Eisenberg, so....

Oliver as The Spectre is...different. but I genuinely have no idea how any of this is going to shake out at this point since this is so different than the comics. I'd guess he could still end up playing a similar role as he did in the comics though.

I wouldn't really say he's a comics accurate Lex at all. Maybe if you're talking whacky mad scientist Lex from the Silver Age, but the definitive noncomics take on Lex is still Clancy Brown's from Superman: TAS and Justice League and Cryer is nowhere near that. Of course, neither were Gene Hackman, Kevin Spacey, or Jesse Eisenberg, so....

Oliver as The Spectre is...different. but I genuinely have no idea how any of this is going to shake out at this point since this is so different than the comics. I'd guess he could still end up playing a similar role as he did in the comics though.

Yeah, I'm totally lost right now with all of the changes they've made. Right now, this is my least liked of the crossover events.

Yeah, I'm totally lost right now with all of the changes they've made. Right now, this is my least liked of the crossover events.

Truthfully, I'm not all that into it, either. It seems less like an epic crossover and more like a series of cameos and random appearances with little to no explanation or connective tissue. Feels like they bit off way more than they could chew. For as big and crazy as Crisis on Infinite Earths was, the story was there and the characters all had roles to play. It wasn't just "Hey look, it's this guy! You know this guy. right!?" This has all just felt haphazard and messy to me.

This really just Crisis on Infinite Earths in name only. They took a title and vague concept and it's been kind of sloppy thus far.

Truthfully, I'm not all that into it, either. It seems less like an epic crossover and more like a series of cameos and random appearances with little to no explanation or connective tissue. Feels like they bit off way more than they could chew. For as big and crazy as Crisis on Infinite Earths was, the story was there and the characters all had roles to play. It wasn't just "Hey look, it's this guy! You know this guy. right!?" This has all just felt haphazard and messy to me.

This really just Crisis on Infinite Earths in name only. They took a title and vague concept and it's been kind of sloppy thus far.

I'm ok with the series so far, but I suppose it could be done better. Maybe the final two episodes make up for it. Idk.

The problem is that you can't really do this story justice in 5 episodes, especially with the amount of characters they wanted to fit in. I think it's great fan service, but story-wise it's just too fast. You could just about spend an entire season of episodes doing just Crisis in order to fully explore everything. I think they knew Arrow was wrapping up and they wanted to get this last big hoorah out of everyone.

The problem is that you can't really do this story justice in 5 episodes, especially with the amount of characters they wanted to fit in. I think it's great fan service, but story-wise it's just too fast. You could just about spend an entire season of episodes doing just Crisis in order to fully explore everything. I think they knew Arrow was wrapping up and they wanted to get this last big hoorah out of everyone.
Yeah. I mean, I just don't know what people were expecting out of 5 hours of CW Arrowverse shows, especially considering the large number of cameos they had announced. I enjoyed the first and third hours quite a bit and I'm looking forward to the fourth and fifth.

That was...ok, I guess. I really think the break hurt this crossover. There was one cameo that was surprising. I think there was one moment we all want(involving Diggle) that I'm hoping we get in the final episode of Arrow. Overall, though, we got a version of the Crisis story on TV, and that's pretty cool.

That was...ok, I guess. I really think the break hurt this crossover. There was one cameo that was surprising. I think there was one moment we all want(involving Diggle) that I'm hoping we get in the final episode of Arrow. Overall, though, we got a version of the Crisis story on TV, and that's pretty cool.

The Legends influence was pretty fun. The rest was alright. I'm a bit spoiled, so I would have liked more. Still some questions about the future of some shows, and I get the sense that Barry is still supposed to "disappear" at some point. Wonder what that's gonna look like.

The Hall of Justice and the round table at the end does give off a Superfriends vibe. The crossovers have been a fun bridge between shows, so I can't complain.

The Legends influence was pretty fun. The rest was alright. I'm a bit spoiled, so I would have liked more. Still some questions about the future of some shows, and I get the sense that Barry is still supposed to "disappear" at some point. Wonder what that's gonna look like.

The Hall of Justice and the round table at the end does give off a Superfriends vibe. The crossovers have been a fun bridge between shows, so I can't complain.
Totally agree. I think Legends was the perfect concluding point. Great blend of goofy fun and character moments.

It will be interesting to see where these shows go with no more multiverse. The Flash, especially.

I still want John to get his ring, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom