Cromartie @ 10 or is that a reach? (1 Viewer)

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of this kid, but looking at several mock drafts I can't find him in the top 15 in many mock drafts. I believe that has alot to do with the "quiet love" for this kid, but McKlevin is dominating the experts boards. Kiper has DRC @ 19th overall rated player.

After looking about 15 post combine mock drafts I find him in the top 10 once, most often in the 20-30 range. I wouldn't be upset about drafting this guy, but is the smart money picking him @ 10, or shopping really heavily on trading back and landing DRC along with a linebacker like Mayo or Lofton.

Dream Scenario:

McFadden falls to #10 (Dallas can't take it anymore and calls us up)
We get Dallas 2 first rounders and land:

1a - DRC
1b - Mayo
2 - Laws

Then when round 3 comes around call Philly to see if Lito is available. Give them the #3 this year.

When you have the right player available, you pick it. It doesn't matter where others may think he should be. You can always trade down a little bit and still get him, but you are taking a calculated risk.

I remember when Dwight Freeney came out, he was projected to go between the 20-30 pick on the first round, the colts took him at 11 or 12, and people thought they made a mistake picking him there and not moving back.

Well, the move work well for the team. So if Rogers-Cromartie (or any other player) is the player the saints want, I wish they take him at 10. If they are not set on a player and they can trade down, well then that is the way to go.

When you have the right player available, you pick it. It doesn't matter where others may think he should be. You can always trade down a little bit and still get him, but you are taking a calculated risk.

I remember when Dwight Freeney came out, he was projected to go between the 20-30 pick on the first round, the colts took him at 11 or 12, and people thought they made a mistake picking him there and not moving back.

Well, the move work well for the team. So if Rogers-Cromartie (or any other player) is the player the saints want, I wish they take him at 10. If they are not set on a player and they can trade down, well then that is the way to go.

Well said...I have a gambling mentality and a complex about over drafting a player. I believe DRC is potentially the best defender in the draft. If our scouts feel the same way there should be no hesitation.

DRC is nowhere near a reach at 10. he is the best cb in this draft. an athletic FREAK and will be a premier shutdown corner in this league in 2 or 3 years, and will stay as one of the top 10 for MANY more years

if a shutdown corner is a reach at 10 then I guess so :shrug:

People said the Chargers reached when they took his cousin, since he had VERY little playing time due to being hurt, how has that worked out?

People said the Chargers reached when they took his cousin, since he had VERY little playing time due to being hurt, how has that worked out?

i wanted to say look at his cousin, becuase look at him!! he picked off peyton manning, the best qb in the league, 6 times (i think) this year? that is just PURE skill, and nothing else. even if DRC doesn't pay off instantly, think about the future

oh yea...
antonio%20cromartie%20pick%20ap%20chris%20park.jpg

:hihi:

Thats true and he was coming off a knee injury, didnt even play his JR season...well not the entire season.....he's not a reach, it comes down to getting the best players, not the best players at the position you draft....we cheat ourselves by preaching this value stuff....nobody is gonna remember the guy for the spot he was taken, they remember him for the career he had...so lets get past that, if he is the guy we covet we should take him...he has a first round grade, so its not a reach.

I agree that he is potentially the premier defender in this draft. I would have no problem taking him at 10. I guess going for potential has hurt us before w/ Sullivan, but work ethic and want to aren't an issue with DRC. He wants it and has shown he knows in order to get it, he needs to work.

I just remember watching the combine, and they were doing the drill where they back pedal, then move forward, back pedal again, then move forward and catch the ball. I saw the people before DRC and thought it was cool to see this stuff. DRC comes up and I immediately saw his back pedal and burst forward and knew I'd never seen anything like it. He was so fluid and fast, almost looked effortless. You cannot teach that type of athleticism.

I couldn't agree more. Sometimes the best picks in a draft are the ones people consider to be "reaches." (Dwight Freeney, Lofa Tatupu, Nnamdi Asomugha.) Then there are the players that were reaches, that didn't play up to ANY draft slot. Jonathan Sullivan? In hindsight, would you spend a 7th round pick on him? Either the player will be good, or the player will not be good. Playing like the 10th overall pick or playing like the 30th overall pick... what is that? Really?

The voices of SR.com have spoken...DRC @ 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cousin is Jake Delhomme....I can throw a football maybe 50 yards.

Theory disproven.

I'm also not very comparable to my 4 siblings, but there are athletic similarities between the two. By no means is it a guarantee of any success, but it does provide an idea for the potential he has.

i'd say either DRC or Jenkins would be great picks there. they are probably better than a lot of the guys ho have come out recently. i just have a feeling either Ellis or Dorsey will be there and the Saints will take a DT @ 10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom