cromartie and draft musings (1 Viewer)

sycamoresaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
just a hunch but he will shoot up the board after his workouts tomorrow. if his numbers are stellar would you be upset with him at 10 if all other dt's or rivers or gholston are gone? after reviewing all of the cb prospects out there, none really jump out from any others in the pack. after his senior bowl performance and a crazy combine, i think that he may be the number one cb. i'm not impressed with the lb's very much either. rivers is the best, but connors and lofton are a big drop, imo. i actually think that after rivers, gholston could be a better lb than anyone else, even in our 4-3. i'd love to see ellis drop, but i don't think that he will. and i think that he's better than dorsey. if either are there at 10 jump on it but they won't be. now go ahead and crucify me!

If both Longs, Ellis, Dorsey, Rivers, Gholston, Ryan, Groves, Clady and Mcfadden are Gone then yes.

DRC's last official timed 40, according to him from an interview, was before the season began and was a 4.31. He also claimed a 42 inch vertical. I have said that a lot but if he can get under 4.3 and a 42 inch vertical he will soon be a legit top 10 pick. Whether anyone takes the risk I don't know.
He is by far the CB I would want most out of the draft, maybe even the 2nd or 3rd player I want most.

I don't really think that I want him at #10 that just to high for a player that has that alot of holes in his game. He is great in coverage from what I understand but poor in run support.
Hell I don't know he maybe the best thing since sliced bread you just have to take a chance and hope for the best with any of these guys.

To say that Conners and Lofton are a big dropoff from Rivers is crazy talk. Rivers might not even go in the 1st round now after some of the workouts some LB's had who had better college careers.

Whats your basis for saying that?

FWIW, Rivers had 235 tackles in 4 years at USC (73 last year). Jarod Mayo had 140 in one season. Lofton had 157 in one season. Don't get me wrong, this guy is good, but I don't see him as any better then Lofton, Mayo, or Conner.

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't be angry if we took Cromartie at #10 if he puts up elite numbers to go with what he showed at the Senior Bowl.

Well just to throw it out there bobby and Kenny were talking to an analyst from CBS and mentioned how many scouts are getting the feeling that Cromartie is going to end up being the steal of the draft. Going on to say that he has even heard several people comparing him to Deion Sanders, some going as far as saying his potential is even above that.

I don't know the more I look at this guy the more I think I would be completely satisfied if we took him at 10. If he can trully run a 4:31 like he claimed, I can easilly see the argument start to be made that he is the number one corner.

Well just to throw it out there bobby and Kenny were talking to an analyst from CBS and mentioned how many scouts are getting the feeling that Cromartie is going to end up being the steal of the draft. Going on to say that he has even heard several people comparing him to Deion Sanders, some going as far as saying his potential is even above that.

I don't know the more I look at this guy the more I think I would be completely satisfied if we took him at 10. If he can trully run a 4:31 like he claimed, I can easilly see the argument start to be made that he is the number one corner.

Deion has compared Cromartie with himself, and that goes pretty far in my book!

DRC displayed good speed in the Senior Bowl. He has that kind of ability to make up ground very quickly...and don't forget that he averaged over 24 yards per kickoff return last season, so the guy is a duel threat...just like Primetime use to be.

Deion has compared Cromartie with himself, and that goes pretty far in my book!

DRC displayed good speed in the Senior Bowl. He has that kind of ability to make up ground very quickly...and don't forget that he averaged over 24 yards per kickoff return last season, so the guy is a duel threat...just like Primetime use to be.

Also add that...he has good height at 6'1 and his tackling ability is SOLID.

If he has a good workout tomorrow (vertical, 40 etc), then I'm all for him at #10. He has talent, speed, height, smarts, plays man-to-man, and is from a small school (we know Saints loves those guys)...what's not to like?

I like DRC not only because of his elite CB skills, but also his return ability. We'd be killing two birds with one stone. We are sorely in need for a fast, elusive kick returner.

DRC is an amazing talent. Getting him at 10 would be a great move on our part. Saying Conner is a huge drop off from Rivers is very inaccurate. Apparently at the combine the teams are so impressed with his interviews that all the teams want to interview him even teams that didn't initially have him on their interview list. They said that his knowledge of the game and the way that he breaks down game film and reads plays is amazing and that is the reason that he makes so many tackles b/c he reads the plays so well.

OK, so it's all well and good saying, "Yeah I'd take him at #10" but just how keen are you... Would you take him over Ellis or Dorsey if (by some miracle) either of them fell? Would you take him if (heaven forbid) we shelled out mega $$$ for Samuel? Would you take him if we found out, prior to the draft, that McKenzie would be ready for next season?

I know it's all hypothetical, but I'm curious to see just how taken everyone is with Rodgers-Cromartie.

OK, so it's all well and good saying, "Yeah I'd take him at #10" but just how keen are you... Would you take him over Ellis or Dorsey if (by some miracle) either of them fell? Would you take him if (heaven forbid) we shelled out mega $$$ for Samuel? Would you take him if we found out, prior to the draft, that McKenzie would be ready for next season?

I know it's all hypothetical, but I'm curious to see just how taken everyone is with Rodgers-Cromartie.

1. I'd take Ellis or Dorsey before DRC.
2. I'd take him even if the Saints picked up Samuels or any other big CB free agent.
3. I want MM to return full speed, but he isnt geting any younger, so I'd still take DRC.

:bandg:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom