Croup - At home treatment advice (1 Viewer)

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Little guy began coughing and running a fever night before last and the cough sounded deeper than a normal cough so she took him in today.

Doc thinks he has croup. Any tips/advice to treating it at the house.

We have a cool air humidifier.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MarlboroKids.jpg
    MarlboroKids.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
breathing treatments and a steamy bathroom worked for my kid. If he sounds like a seal when he coughs, then, yes, he has the croup.
Makes sure you watch his rib cage when he breathes. If you start to see all his ribs, (you will know it when you see it, trust me)that is bad. It means he is not getting enough air. Take him outside to breath in some cool air or a steamy room, if that does not help…….take a nice trip to the ER.

3 advice posts.

2 of which consists of children's cigs and a shot of liquor. Nice :9:

I always enjoy EE advice.. you usually get a nice dose of humor as well.

Thanks whodat

He loves Sunny D.. maybe a Sunny D screwdriver?

This says the humidifier is about it. It also says not to administer decongestants or antihistamines.
Croup-Treatment Overview

Preciate it, I had just read that link.

Yeah they all seem to suggest cold air humidifier or steam in the bathroom... which is what I figured, but I figured I'd get some personal suggestions as well.

I also saw a suggestion to take him out into the humid night air for a while. Hell, I knew this La humidity was good for something.

I also saw a suggestion to take him out into the humid night air for a while. Hell, I knew this La humidity was good for something.

Does it say humid (heavily polluted) air? :hihi:

It has been a little cool at night.. in fact he wanted to go out last night, but I didn't think the cool air would be best.... also didn't know for sure if he had croup or not.

It's critical that his parents not type for a week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom