crown royal vs southern comfort (6 Viewers)

saintkev

Very Banned
Reaction score
Which is better? SoCO is 100 proof to the CR 80 proof. I like Soco right now,anyone else?

Both mix well with coke.

Soco is a MUCH better value.

Doesn't crown royal cost like 2.5x as much as soco?

/mixeswithdietcoke

Soco is a MUCH better value.

Doesn't crown royal cost like 2.5x as much as soco?

/mixeswithdietcoke

Thats why I bought SoCo tonite and it works fine for me. But there is the matter of Crown Reserve, how much better is that stuff. Is it worth it?

SoCo is also available in 76 proof. Crown Royal Special Reserve is MUCH better IMO. It does cost more, though. It is DEFINITELY worth it.

Jan

SoCo is also available in 76 proof. Crown Royal Special Reserve is MUCH better IMO. It does cost more, though. It is DEFINITELY worth it.

Jan

Yeah but,....100 proof > 76 proof ,does the taste and quality really make up for it? And you are talking to an alchol...hemm... drinker who is fickle with such matters. I want quality and bang for MY buck.

I agree. If I want a solid bourbon I'd go Maker's Mark, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels or 101 proof Wild Turkey. (I know Jack is technically Tennessee Whiskey and not Bourbon).

On the other hand, I find all of those spiced Canadian Whiskeys to be swill. To me it tastes like drinking a spiced tea spiked with alcohol. I prefer my whiskey pure and not spiced.

Yeah but,....100 proof > 76 proof ,does the taste and quality really make up for it? And you are talking to an alchol...hemm... drinker who is fickle with such matters. I want quality and bang for MY buck.

If that's what you want, go with 101 proof Wild Turkey. the 86 proof Wild Turkey isn't very good, but the 101 tastes great and has a great kick.

jr06-everclear.JPG

Most bang for you buck, of course it also just might kill you.

We use to drink southern comforter when we were teenagers, mix it with an Icee. Now I found it tastes damn good with a whole lime squeezed in it....

We've actually been drinking SoCo 100 proof with cherry coke the past week. Tasty for me & with a kick for Mike.

I MUCH prefer Canadian whiskey to bourbon or Tenn. whiskey. It's just smoother to me. I prefer smooth. Doesn't hurt that I learned to drink with Crown & coke back in the olden days. ;)

Jan

There is only one choice:

14.jpg

I may have to give it a shot. I am currently enjoying a bottle of Woodford Reserve. I have only tried the "Old Forrester Birthday Reserve" and Woodford Reserve so far and I rate Woodford way above Old Forrester. I hear good things about Buffalo trace as well.

hmm. where did the OP mention BOURBON, the question was crown vs SoCo.. big DIFF.
bourbon should be reserved for another discussion.
that being said, if'n i'm wanting to drink, I enjoy a good crown... if'n i'm wanting to get screwed up.. soco it is.. for some reason it hits me harder than anything else.. even everclear. gotta be something in it, i'm sensitive to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom