Crumpler, Leftwich, Coleman, Gandy Released (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Crumpler Carolina bound?

February 15, 2008 3:10 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

I remember interviewing Alge Crumpler at the Senior Bowl in January 2001. At the time, Crumpler was talking about his desire to play for the Carolina Panthers. He was born in Greenville, N.C., went to college at North Carolina and has relatives in Charlotte and Crumpler said going to the Panthers would be a dream come true.

That didn't happen as Crumpler became a second-round pick by the Atlanta Falcons. But, maybe, the scenario that Crumpler was hoping for then, could happen now.

Crumpler was released as part of a seven-player purge by the Falcons on Friday and that makes him a free agent at a time when the Panthers could be looking for a pass-catching tight end. Carolina offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson made a lot of noise about getting the tight ends more involved in the passing game when he was hired before last season.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-422/Crumpler-Carolina-bound-.html

Put Crump In Black & Gold!

I would love to have Algae Crumpler. He would do wonders in this offense. We lacked poor TE play last year. He would be a tremendous up grade of what we have in Eric Johnson.

I say we sign Crumpler and cut Eric Johnson. Well Eric Johnson is a FA anyway. Let him go. He didn't impress me at all. We sign Crumpler, Miller, and sign Campbell back and we are set at TE.

Crumpler is our guy. Go get him Loomis...

I agree...sign his butt!! Crump has only been in the league for 6 or 7 years, so he's not too old yet. I've always hated him since he's been a Falcon, but now that he's on the market...GO GET HIM!! He didn't do much last year, but nobody did in Atlanta! If he's healthy, playing in OUR offense...I think he could be be VERY helpful!!

crumpler drops a lot of passes but lets sign him anyway
a fat slow version of devery, why the hell not?

oh wait...

Crumpler Carolina bound?

February 15, 2008 3:10 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

I remember interviewing Alge Crumpler at the Senior Bowl in January 2001. At the time, Crumpler was talking about his desire to play for the Carolina Panthers. He was born in Greenville, N.C., went to college at North Carolina and has relatives in Charlotte and Crumpler said going to the Panthers would be a dream come true.

That didn't happen as Crumpler became a second-round pick by the Atlanta Falcons. But, maybe, the scenario that Crumpler was hoping for then, could happen now.

Crumpler was released as part of a seven-player purge by the Falcons on Friday and that makes him a free agent at a time when the Panthers could be looking for a pass-catching tight end. Carolina offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson made a lot of noise about getting the tight ends more involved in the passing game when he was hired before last season.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-422/Crumpler-Carolina-bound-.html

interesting take for sure

With Crumpler and Leftwich's release, I think we can safely say that the Falcons will look at Ryan in the first, offensive line in the 2nd, and try to rebuild their team around a solid draft of young talent.
Their lines are a mess at the minute.

I would not mind if we took a look at Leftwich -- I thnk he would make a pretty solid back up QB

With Crumpler and Leftwich's release, I think we can safely say that the Falcons will look at Ryan in the first, offensive line in the 2nd, and try to rebuild their team around a solid draft of young talent.
Their lines are a mess at the minute.

or they could look at O line in the first, QB in the second.

with this purge, and probably another one before the draft, the Falcons may be a prime candidate to trade with the Cowboys if the Boys want McFadden

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom