Crumpler, Leftwich, Coleman, Gandy Released (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

with this purge, and probably another one before the draft, the Falcons may be a prime candidate to trade with the Cowboys if the Boys want McFadden
Yeah, that's the ideal situation for them.

They have a mere $5 million in cap room, although after these cuts that number will increase. They are not going to make a big splash in free agency. Maybe trade down and pick up any combo of QB/RB/OL/DL with Dallas' 2 firsts, and I think they already have 2 seconds. If you are going to rebuild through the draft 4 selections in the first and second rounds are the way to go.

Yeah, that's the ideal situation for them.

They have a mere $5 million in cap room, although after these cuts that number will increase. They are not going to make a big splash in free agency. Maybe trade down and pick up any combo of QB/RB/OL/DL with Dallas' 2 firsts, and I think they already have 2 seconds. If you are going to rebuild through the draft 4 selections in the first and second rounds are the way to go.

exactly, and if they can get the Boys to throw in Barber, it's a great deal for the Falcons. On second thought, let's hope that doesn't happen. :)

joe horn didn't get cut for the same reason the saints won't cut jason david. a lot of his money was upfront money... it pretty much cost the same to keep him as it does to cut him.

exactly, and if they can get the Boys to throw in Barber, it's a great deal for the Falcons. On second thought, let's hope that doesn't happen. :)
I thought about this, and if that deal went down I would be really optimistic if I was a Falcon fan.
The 2 firsts for the 3 pick weighs heavily in the Boys favor. Barber would even the deal.
Even without Barber, the Falcons could go Kentwan Balmer for DT, Felix Jones at RB, then the second Sam Baker for LT, and Joe Flacco QB.
All would start and that would be a rejuvenated team.

Crumpler will do extremely well where ever he goes. Can't say the same for any of the others.

Crumpler for Atlanta and Gates for San Diego are cut from the same kind of cloth. Big, strong, bruising TE's that you have to account for on every single play.

Lately, with the trend toward occasionally putting the TE in the backfield at the FB spot, Crumpler's type could be in high demand. I'd sure love for us to have him.

Unless Payton has some other master plan at TE, I can't see him not scrambling to sign Crumpler. Hes the big pass catching TE he and Brees both like and need.

Crumpler just turned 30 and has been a solid TE with a bad QB. Think about what he could accomplish with Brees.

Put Crump in Black & Gold...

crumpler drops a lot of passes but lets sign him anyway
a fat slow version of devery, why the hell not?

oh wait...

Dude...have you been paying attention for the past few years? Crumpler is a GOOD TE! I tell you one thing, if the Saints were to sign him, Crump's fantasy football value will increase for sure!

He would be the tight end we alway needed. His drops in ATL can be corrected and will be correct. I hope Payton thinks real hard about him and Rod Coleman cuzz they used to always kills the Saints

I was always pretty sure he would drop it, when he played for atlanta, so I would leave him on the street, and keep johnson or draft one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom