Crying Georgia not in Sugar Bowl if One plus playoffs (1 Viewer)

Georgia should be careful what they wish for, they might get it.

What are we wishing for? We get a shot at LSU next year, hopefully even 2 shots. UGA is 6-1 all time against the defending national champs. I am sure LSU fans remember what happened last time LSU was coming off a national title going up against UGA the following year.

That has to be the one of the most ignorant things I have ever read on this board and that is saying a lot. Richt is one of the classiest people in all of college sports. He has adopted kids from other countries and he is extrememly involved in the community. Whenever jobs open up, his name never comes up because he is happy where he is as opposed to most other places. FSU where he coached for several years went and got Jimbo because they knew Richt wouldnt leave and Miami, his alma mater, didnt even bother calling.

He original intent was not for the whole team to run on the field but for the 11 on the field to get a penalty. He apoligized after when he had no reason to. He energized his team and they went on a tremendous run to finish the season. You obviously don't pay attention to sports because every person I have seen talk about the UF game has said it was a great move and Richt is probably the only coach could pull it over because of the type of man he is.

lol

Most ignorant thing posted on these forums, eh? You're so biased about anything related to Georgia, calling my post the most ignorant thing ever posted only proves that really. Who exactly thought it was a great move? I'll tell ya what, you go find 10 people that thought it was a great move,(mosly Georgia fans) and I'll go find 10 others that thought it was a typical move you would see from THUGU.

That was one of the most unclassiest spectacles ever in sports...and this is on a collegic level here which makes it all the more worse. I don't care that Richt had a classy reputation beforehand, he blew it out of the water with that punk display on national TV. It was classless and rude, and totally uncalled for. He doesn't deserve a free pass because his name is Mark Richt.

He needs to teach his team to act like they've been there and NOT resort to using punk unsportsmanlike gimmicks to fire themselves up.

Anyways, agree to disagree..you have your opinion about the subject and I have mine.

Last edited:
I think Richt is a classy guy who just made a mistake - sort of. I mean it worked, didn't it?

Its going to make the cocktail party that much more interesting this year.

Its going to make the cocktail party that much more interesting this year.

I have already had a few LSU friends of mine call me to see if I am going to go the game and if so for me to take them down there with them. I really want to go to game in Tempe against ASU for my road trip game.

Georgia shouldn't even be considered for a playoff considering they not only didn't win the SEC, but they couldn't even get to the championship game.

As far as this not being a rule, how about common sense? Obviously if you're not goot enough to even play in your conference championship you do not deserve a shot at the BCS trophy.

I honestly kinda like the fact that Georgia was burned this year. After Richt had his team storm the field and dance around like a bunch of idiots in the endzone against the Gators that told me all I needed to know about him, the man lost a lot of respect from people around the country.

yeah, well uhh...i thought it was a great move what he did during the florida game.

and i didnt like how georgia got 'burned'...id rather have an undisputed champion, not somebody that got the luck of the draw...

Some of the LSU fans on this board remind me of Red Sox fans; even if they win, they still feel inferior to the Yankees. A few of you apparently have the same feelings towards UGA. I don't know why, cause LSU is a "big boy" school too. But the UGA whining is laughable. They are hands down two of the best three teams (USC is in the debate) in the country; very few objective people would argue the point. Follow the lead of the "normal" LSU posters, and enjoy the win. Y'all deserved it.

Some of the LSU fans on this board remind me of Red Sox fans; even if they win, they still feel inferior to the Yankees. A few of you apparently have the same feelings towards UGA. I don't know why, cause LSU is a "big boy" school too. But the UGA whining is laughable. They are hands down two of the best three teams (USC is in the debate) in the country; very few objective people would argue the point. Follow the lead of the "normal" LSU posters, and enjoy the win. Y'all deserved it.

I listen to the local sports radio talk shows and they are just killing me. They are whining about georgia whining about not being in the title game. If the situation was reversed LSU would probably be doing the same thing. I really dont think UGA is whining. If this is what it took to change there minds towards a playoff then good. As far as the UGA/FLA game i thought what richt did was really cool. They obviously struggle against the gators and I applaud him for trying to get that advantage.

I may be wrong, but I dont think I have heard any UGA fans saying LSU didnt deserve the title or there should be some kind of split. I think any team in the country would have had trouble against LSU in the BCS title once they got all their players back. They deserve the crystal ball.

I may be wrong, but I dont think I have heard any UGA fans saying LSU didnt deserve the title or there should be some kind of split. I think any team in the country would have had trouble against LSU in the BCS title once they got all their players back. They deserve the crystal ball.

I haven't either, quite honestly. It's really coming from the media, and mostly about USC (who I STILL don't think is all that great...UGA would have demolished them, as LSU likely would have). UGA was the team I feared the most at the end...only the youth of their team, which needed the season to come together, kept them from the SEC CG, and they have nothing but good things to look forward to.

I haven't either, quite honestly. It's really coming from the media, and mostly about USC (who I STILL don't think is all that great...UGA would have demolished them, as LSU likely would have). UGA was the team I feared the most at the end...only the youth of their team, which needed the season to come together, kept them from the SEC CG, and they have nothing but good things to look forward to.

Primadox everytime I see your sig I get so jealous. I bet you guys had a blast. To bad the saints didnt pull there end of the bargain and give all those saints fans in houston a reason to cheer. What was the atmosphere like before the game? Where texans fans surprised at the number of whodats or did they expect it?

Red Sox fans hate the Yankees because they have 23 world titles.

Why would LSU fans be the Red Sox in any sort of analogy versus Georgia?

It was Georgia and Oklahoma who sued to get the NCAA out of the bowl picture in the first place. Now, because they couldn't win their own division and were deemed unfit to play for the national title, they've been on a month long whining campaign from the hot dog vendor to the school president that the CURRENT system is inherently unfair. Auburn fans didn't complain this much when their team went undefeated and they got left out of the national title picture despite beating 5 of the final top 10 teams.

A playoff system will NEVER happen because it's impossible to coordinate bowls with a week of advance notice. A +1 system would only have 1 less team complaining this year. Who do you pick? Missouri was the most impressive of all the 2 loss teams who didn't play in the BCS championship. Kansas still has 1 loss. USC and Georgia and WVU are sitting around with 2 losses. And if you WERE to expand to a playoff... there are going to be a lot more deserving teams out there with 2 losses who are going to get left out of the picture than there are 1 or 0 loss teams, so they'll STILL get "cheated."

The BCS as it is right now is no better or worse than any of the alternatives. It is what it is, and that's due to the nature of the game of football and the tradition of the college game. Don't like it? Go be a fan of some arena ball team or NFL Europe and leave the most revered level of football in this country out of it.

There were tons of UGA fans on the Rivals boards whining like children and getting moral support from USC fans who likewise were crying their sad little eyes out, hoping for somehow that there be a national title split.

There were tons of UGA fans on the Rivals boards whining like children and getting moral support from USC fans who likewise were crying their sad little eyes out, hoping for somehow that there be a national title split.

Isn't that college football tradition?

Of course, it is also tradition for the winners (or the champions) to make fun of them.

Part of what makes college football the greatest sport on earth.

Red Sox fans hate the Yankees because they have 23 world titles.

Why would LSU fans be the Red Sox in any sort of analogy versus Georgia?

It was Georgia and Oklahoma who sued to get the NCAA out of the bowl picture in the first place. Now, because they couldn't win their own division and were deemed unfit to play for the national title, they've been on a month long whining campaign from the hot dog vendor to the school president that the CURRENT system is inherently unfair. Auburn fans didn't complain this much when their team went undefeated and they got left out of the national title picture despite beating 5 of the final top 10 teams.

A playoff system will NEVER happen because it's impossible to coordinate bowls with a week of advance notice. A +1 system would only have 1 less team complaining this year. Who do you pick? Missouri was the most impressive of all the 2 loss teams who didn't play in the BCS championship. Kansas still has 1 loss. USC and Georgia and WVU are sitting around with 2 losses. And if you WERE to expand to a playoff... there are going to be a lot more deserving teams out there with 2 losses who are going to get left out of the picture than there are 1 or 0 loss teams, so they'll STILL get "cheated."

The BCS as it is right now is no better or worse than any of the alternatives. It is what it is, and that's due to the nature of the game of football and the tradition of the college game. Don't like it? Go be a fan of some arena ball team or NFL Europe and leave the most revered level of football in this country out of it.

1. I don't know why. And most of the fans here don't.
2.Why can the lower divisions do it?
I would like a playoff system, regardless of UGA's current participation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom