Crying Works!!!!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

ESPN has got to be the most antagonistic network out there. It's all done to purposely make fans angry - and keep them coming back for more. And, it works like a charm.
Here's the set-up - pick certain teams & players to rag on all the time. This keeps their fans upset, watching the show to see what negative thing you're going to say next, and then comes all the nasty mail, email, and telephone calls. But there's more.....
Pick certain teams & players to love on, many times, ones who don't deserve it, and again, you're making so many other people livid, that they keep watching and sending the nasty comments, etc. On the flip side, you have the love of the fans whose teams and players you give love to. It all balances out.
This is what makes them the sports empire that they are.

Honestly, most of the shows on ESPN are garbage, and IMO, they are only good for highlights and the actual games. Cold Pizza might just be the worst of all.

LPaulT,
Look at ESPN College Gameday. Look at Sean Salisbury(sp?) and John Clayton. Skip and Woody. Around the Horn, PTI, Mike & Mike. etc. etc.

Their jobs are to argue. One guy stand up for one team and another guy stand up for the other team. That way you have equal support and dislike for everyone. Keeps everyone watching.

Its all about ratings, not about being right.

Look at all the partisan political shows on TV today. Fox news, hardball etc .etc.

Cold Pizza is one sports show that I'm glad I can't watch because I'm at work.

LPaulT,
Look at ESPN College Gameday. Look at Sean Salisbury(sp?) and John Clayton. Skip and Woody. Around the Horn, PTI, Mike & Mike. etc. etc.

Their jobs are to argue. One guy stand up for one team and another guy stand up for the other team. That way you have equal support and dislike for everyone. Keeps everyone watching.

Its all about ratings, not about being right.

Look at all the partisan political shows on TV today. Fox news, hardball etc .etc.

In a roundabout way, I was saying this very thing. :dunno:
It's an act - anyone can see it, and it's not something to get bothered by... even though that's easier said than done when it comes to the emotion that sports fans have. Hook, line, sinker, ice chest, scaled, frying pan, etc.... they have it down to a science.

I think ESPN (or a rival network in a mocking way) should have a show called
"I told you so" where sportscasters are reminded about there predictions and how wrong they were. If any of these guys could predict diddly squat they would go to Vegas and retire. But for now they sit on cold pizza and other shows and guess at what is going to happen just like everyone else.

Didn't see the show, but it sounds like someone was celebrating an injury. Totally classless.

Jim Rome has a take on this, as well. I'm not going to be able to listen to it, but he mentioned that it was coming up.

He'll probably have Reggie's back. :shrug:

Think about the discussion if the NFL does fine Scott. I am sure there will be an outcry of the NFL protecting its "golden boy."

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if these shows do "research" by visiting fan sites like this one. It would take about 5 mins to realize Saints fans are upset over Reggie's injury and think the Ravens player should be fined. Useful info if you want to "play".

I don't want to sound like I'm whining or anything but I can't stand it when they say that Bush deserves what he got because he is a primadonna. Its the media that has hyped Bush up to superman status. He didn't ask for that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Bush ever talking smack or saying how great he is. He seems to be a humble guy. This is what the media does they build you up and then tear you down the first chance they get. I feel bad for guys like Reggie Bush, but I guess it just comes with the territory when you're a professional athlete.

I don't want to sound like I'm whining or anything but I can't stand it when they say that Bush deserves what he got because he is a primadonna. Its the media that has hyped Bush up to superman status. He didn't ask for that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Bush ever talking smack or saying how great he is. He seems to be a humble guy. This is what the media does they build you up and then tear you down the first chance they get. I feel bad for guys like Reggie Bush, but I guess it just comes with the territory when you're a professional athlete.

he was one of the greatest college athletes ever and his athleticsm is the reason for all of the hype.. he has never come out and said he wanted it, so I agree for them to call him a Primadonna is ******* me off. T.O. is a primadonna, not Reggie.

he was one of the greatest college athletes ever and his athleticsm is the reason for all of the hype.. he has never come out and said he wanted it, so I agree for them to call him a Primadonna is ******* me off. T.O. is a primadonna, not Reggie.

You are just like the media, find one thing and keep going at it..why even mention T.O.?

You are just like the media, find one thing and keep going at it..why even mention T.O.?

I post a comment related to the thread and I'm just like the media? Uh ok. I mentioned T.O. because they said Reggie is a primadonna because someone said they referred to him or atelast hinted to him being one, and I think that's out of line. Reggie can't help the fact that he is in the public eye because of the media attention, but he doesn't seek it out LIKE T.O... that was my point.

Now that I've just watched "1st and ten" I kinda agree with what they are saying. His production hasn't been what everyone thought he could do but I wouldn't say he is a disappointment. I don't think anyone could live up to the expectations Bush had coming out of college. He works well in our system. He is in my mind essentially a "role player" in our offense and he does that very well. Now if you want to start arguing whether you should pay 60 million dollars for a role player then that is a whole different argument. But it is too early to call him a bust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom